If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of Medicine has an exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Remote Sr. Manager, Research Support. The Sr. Manager, Research Support leads the research program teams to ensure successful system implementation and upgrades. Specifically, the Sr. Manager, Research Support oversees the day-to-day operations and resources of research staff and supports programs for their growth and development.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Oversees the large, complex, and highly diversified research portfolio of the Divisions of Cardiology, Medical Oncology and Hematology, including proposal development and post-award management
- Oversees the submission of proposals from more than 20 faculty and researchers and over 35 sponsors, mainly federal and foundations
- Interacts with various federal, state, foundation, and industry sponsors
- Manages 45+ active sponsored awards, involving clinical and non-clinical research, fellowship/training grants, conference grants, and service contracts; total anticipated funding across all project years is $26M
- Manages complex awards including multi-PI, multi-site, and multi-project grants with several sub-accounts and monthly to quarterly deliverables
- Tracks the effort for all research faculty and staff, identifies possibly gaps in funding, and monitors effort certifications as required
- Prepares fiscal budget projections for research totaling at least $4.5M annually and meets regularly with division administrator and/or division chief
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
- Ability to establish department goals, and objectives that support the strategic plan.
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: