Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
SR Manager Production - Finishing Superintendent
Directs and coordinates MDF/HDF finishing and Logistics departments (Sanding and Shipping) including safety, environmental, quality, cost, efficiency, and training.
- Develop an environment that values employee safety and that believes in zero injuries. Implement a system that puts the power of accountability in the hands of the employees. Visibly engage team members to be responsible for their own safety as well as the safety of their fellow team members by utilizing methods such as the Stop and THINK and Safety Challenge mental models.
- Is knowledgeable of, and can support compliance with, all 300 level safety processes.
- Provides direct leadership to one Sanding Supervisor and one Shipping Supervisor, and indirect leadership to 30+ hourly team members including Team Leads.
- Ensure board is being made to quality specifications.
- Monitors schedule and work-flow to ensure adequate manpower is available.
- Reviews all housekeeping and safety inspections and follows up on open issues.
- Updates schedule as needed and makes modification to ensure maximum output to satisfy internal and external customers.
- Reviews all notifications with Maintenance Supervisor to assign priority to work orders.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly reports to monitor the performances of all teams.
- Daily inspections of raw materials and reports any concerns needing action.
- Creates, communicates and implements department SOP's & JSAs and verifies all that are delegated down.
- Uses technical experience on process improvement teams.
- Monitors Maintenance repairs and assists if needed to expedite repair time.
- Works with vendors to ensure cost effectiveness and current process technology.
- Analyzes and reviews the financial performance of the department and identifies areas for improvement.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous process improvement and works inter-departmentally to implement new ideas.
- Performs root cause analysis on problems and implements long-term solutions.
- Identifies deficiencies in personnel training and develops programs to address.
- Provides leadership to supervisors to help them achieve plant objectives.
- Ensures compliance with all safety and environment standards in the finishing areas.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Requires 6 or more years in a manufacturing plant environment, and 3 or more years experience in a leadership role in panel finishing or a related field
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience
- Core competencies include strong communication, interpersonal, and listening skills
- Data analysis and interpretation skills
- Ability to plan, schedule, and clearly communicate thoughts and work instructions
- Ability to set priorities based on company goals and manage multiple ongoing tasks daily
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.Nearest Major Market: