As a person, you're a learner - an innate leader - someone who is always taking initiative to make things better and bring others along with you. You live your life in alignment with the highest values of integrity and quality, always ensuring your responsibilities become a long-term success story. In your Senior Electrical Engineer role, you'll help us deliver better care for billions of people around the world.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Senior Electrical Engineer will provide electrical engineering expertise on the Family Care Capital Execution Team. The individual will lead and support Family Care (FC) capital projects across tissue machine, tissue converting and flushable wipes product systems. They will provide leadership and support to the development, design, installation, and start-up of equipment and ancillary systems to address capacity, capability, safety, and obsolescence needs. Additionally they will collaborate broadly across R&E, Supply Chain, Procurement, operating mills, along with key OEM equipment suppliers, technical service providers, and construction contractors.
- Reports to a Capital or Senior Capital Engineering Manager in Kimberly Clark's Family Care Research & Engineering Team
- Receives capital project assignments from the Capital and Senior Capital Managers
- Key customers include R&E project teams, Product Supply teams including the mill engineering, maintenance and asset teams, and external equipment manufacturers/suppliers
- Drive the development and execution of capital projects through the use of the KCNA Project Management Practices (PMP) process as projects are assigned.
- Provide leadership by example in safety, ethics, quality, regulatory, and sustainability, and ensure that all elements of the corporate Human Resources Development and Diversity policy are fully supported.
- Coach and mentor team members to increase technical understanding and ability to execute programs to improve Family Care's business results.
- Effectively collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes R&E, Supply Chain, mill operations, procurement, equipment suppliers and external service providers.
- Maintain technical and scientific expertise in an area of technology and communicate impact of developments on Kimberly-Clark. This may include serving as a User Group lead in a specific area of technology or skill to drive learning as well as strategy for future projects/initiatives.
- Drive a culture of protected and documented innovation to protect and defend K-C proprietary technology, products, and business processes through appropriate use of patents and trade secrets. This includes completing required project documentation through EFS, EDR, and Appropriation activities and following PMP documentation including Corporate Financial Instructions (CFIs).
At Kimberly-Clark, you'll be part of the best teams committed to driving innovation and growth. We're founded on 150 years of market leadership, and we're always looking for new and better ways to perform-so what can you do with that? There's no time like the present to make an impact at Kimberly-Clark. It's all here for you at Kimberly-Clark.
You're driven to perform at the highest level possible, and you appreciate a performance culture fueled by authentic caring. You want to be part of a company actively dedicated to sustainability, inclusion, wellbeing, and career development.
To succeed in this role, you will need the following qualifications:
A Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline (e.g. Science or Engineering related)
- 10+ years of related technical experience in mill/production or staff/Research & Engineering environments.
Preferred candidate has paper experience, ideally subject matter expertise in tissue machine and/or converting operations (UCTAD, CTEC, and LDC). Key areas include:
- TM - Stock Prep, wastewater, Chemical handling, Utilities, and Tissue machine operations.
- Converting - Unwinding, rewinding, calendaring, coating, folding, cutting, conveying, wrapping, bundling, cartoning, casepacking, and palletizing.
Demonstrated working knowledge in Rockwell controllers and drives. This includes:
- Sectionalized drive control and the associated regulation of coordinated sections involving various control schemes
- Servo based motion control for position and velocity
- General knowledge of process automation in distributed control applications including control loops
- General knowledge of visualization applications for operator interface displays
- Demonstrated working knowledge of line integration and web handling best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to teach technical core competencies.
- Strong fundamentals in engineering systems and tools in order to drive technical innovation.
- Proven ability to establish strong, effective cross-functional network at enterprise level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and direct a diverse team of KC and external personnel to define and execute projects that successfully meet business objectives
- On-site and remote office conditions under KC Flex that Works Policy: You're looking to make a difference. When and where it works best for you. When you join our team, you'll experience Flex That Works, a flexible work (hybrid) arrangements that empowers you to have purposeful time in the office and partner with your leader to make flexibility work for both you and the business.
- Manufacturing facilities, Vendor, OEM visits as projects dictate (i.e. equipment review, acceptance testing, etc.)
Travel is required for this role. Typical level of travel is 20-30%, heavier travel may be required at times during project installations depending on duration or complexity of project.
Total Benefits: For a complete overview, see www.mykcbenefits.com
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This job has expired.