Are you passionate about improving the quality of healthcare?
Are you ready to leverage your talents to make healthcare better for everyone?
Do you want the opportunity to give back to your community?
Do you want to have fun at work?
Then join the growing team at Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) that is transforming the delivery of healthcare in the United States!
HSAG is nationally recognized as an industry leader in the areas of healthcare data analysis, measure development, and survey research. We are in search of talented individuals who are interested in a career in data science as a Senior Data Scientist in HSAG’s Data Science & Advanced Analytics division. Together we can spread positive change to make healthcare better.
The Senior Data Scientist position benefits from HSAG’s desire to grow its staff into future leaders of healthcare quality improvement in the nation. The Senior Data Scientist position provides leadership within the Data Science & Advanced Analytics division across the entire array of healthcare data science projects. The Senior Data Scientist position will supervise several teams of analytic staff within the Data Science & Advanced Analytics division.
- A comfortable work-life balance, including half-day Fridays and flexible work schedules.
- Three weeks of paid time off and 13 company-paid holidays where staff leave two hours early prior to each holiday to get a “jump start” on holiday festivities.
HSAG offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) and an employee stock ownership plan. Description
The Senior Data Scientist
position is a key leader responsible for integrating the latest data science and analytic techniques into HSAG’s broad spectrum of healthcare data projects. The Senior Data Scientist position will design and implement appropriate data science methodologies requiring a broad range of technical sophistication and rigor. The Senior Data Scientist will also propose novel data science methods from other industries that could be incorporated into HSAG’s healthcare analytic work. In consultation with other senior staff members, the Senior Data Scientist will lead multiple teams of analytic staff on several projects involving the development and implementation of research methods that provide healthcare decision and policy makers with actionable results that can be leveraged to transform healthcare. The Senior Data Scientist will work with a wide array of data to facilitate data exploration and fulfill client deliverables, including (but not limited to) the following data types:
- case review
- medical and prescription drug claims and encounters
- electronic health record
- vital statistics
Details regarding potential project assignments will be discussed with potential candidates during the interview process.Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities
Job RequirementsEducation and/or Experience
- Serve as a data science and analytic leader within the HSAG Data Science & Advanced Analytics division.
- Lead multiple medium to large-sized analytic tasks or projects simultaneously.
- Exhibit expertise in primary types of healthcare data and methods for approaching data assessments.
- Evaluate a wide array of data types.
- Define appropriate research questions and develop corresponding analytic plans.
- Apply multiple analytic and data science techniques, including machine learning and deep learning.
- Lead and interpret analyses, develop appropriate statistical models, manipulate complex databases, and track and evaluate patterns of care and outcomes.
- Oversee all data-related project activities.
- Lead team and division-wide training meetings.
- Present and communicate project results to nonanalytic staff members and customers.
- Represent HSAG in a professional manner at all times.
- Master’s degree in public health, related social science, business, economics, math, statistics, or another quantitative discipline (or equivalent experience). Doctorate preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of work experience.
- At least seven (7) years of healthcare experience.
- At least seven (7) years of statistics and/or quantitative analysis experience.
- At least four (4) years of experience supervising analytic staff.
- Expert in the use of SAS software for statistical programming. SAS certification preferred.
- Experience using multiple machine learning algorithms.
- Proficient in the use of R.
- Proficient in the use of Python.
- Proficient in the use of SQL.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Experience developing and leading formal written deliverables for multiple clients, including serving as the lead writer/major contributor on multiple formal deliverables.
- Experience serving as the HSAG lead on a proposal.
- Experience developing budgets for analytic projects.
- Experience mentoring multiple analytic staff.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise a team of at least six (6) people, including responsibility for monitoring and evaluating performance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and work with multiple teams.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.HSAG All User Information Security Responsibilities
All workforce members, volunteers, contractors or third-party agents of HSAG, Inc. who are authorized to access information systems and/or associated company data on paper or in electronic format are responsible for the following:
- Adhering to policies, procedures and guidelines pertaining to the protection of HSAG Company Data.
- Reporting actual or suspected breaches or vulnerabilities in the confidentiality, integrity or availability of HSAG Data to your immediate supervisor/manager, Corporate Compliance or Information Technology/Security Personnel.
- Reporting actual or suspected breaches or vulnerabilities in confidentiality, integrity or availability of Corporate Data, may be reported anonymously, via the NAVEX Global Compliance hotline at [Phone number shown when applying].
HSAG publishes various policies, guidelines and procedures related to the protection of Corporate Data and Information Systems. They can be found on the corporate SharePoint website. Information on requirements that may be unique to your business unit or a system you have access to can be found by talking to your supervisor/manager or designated system administrator.Disclaimer
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs requiring non-regular work hours, or technological developments).
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212.
If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.
This job has expired.