Position Title: Senior Data Scientist
Job Category: Engineering
Location: San Diego, CA
Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between. We call this pervasive data intelligence. It's the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today's approach to analytics.
Teradata Test Automation (TTA) team is growing Test-as-a-Service (TaaS) platform, which is a next generation test automation framework. This framework provides end-to-end automation including test scheduling, test execution, test data collection, and data analysis for product engineering development teams working on the worlds most advanced database system. TaaS collects and processes massive amounts of data through data collection and analysis. Leverage the power of this data by providing core data services, analytical tools, and insights for Teradata teams.
Be a core part of the team by leveraging your design and coding experience to build data collection, data transformation, storage, visualization, and insights for Test-as-a-Service.
- Help to harness the power of vast amounts of data for analysis and insights
- Develop data architectures that turn uncorrelated data into new insights for the company
- Gain a deep understanding into the internals of database logic to understand impacts to performance and KPI's
- Create models, analytical tools, and visualizations that create stories from data and draw on the immense amount of metadata and metrics collected from powerful Teradata systems
- Design and implement data storage solutions within Teradata, and cloud-based databases and data lakes
- Apply machine learning to automate desired outcomes, and provide solutions that improve efficiency and knowledge
- Analyze complex datasets, drawing conclusions and hypothesis around causation and correlation
- Work with technologies including Docker, Kubernetes building microservices using Python and other languages
- Build powerful dashboards using visualizations tools such as PowerBI, Dash, and HTML
- Work with customers, database, and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) teams to design systems for scale
- Work directly with Teradata database systems and cloud technologies including AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Provide communication, documentation and training to TTA customers so the data can be understood and utilized for critical decision-making
- Provide workaround solutions and design alternatives for critical issues and problems
- Fix bugs, test, and deploy quickly for TTA customers
- Collaborate with TTA development team and follow TTA agile development and release process
- Collect user feedback and help evolve the TTA framework
- Help drive quality in the company by support Shift Left activities via TaaS
- Be able to troubleshoot, analyze and deliver independently
- Be able to handle pressure and be flexible for work time
- Work collaboratively with distributed teams around the world
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's degree preferred
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Solid experience with SQL based language and technologies
- Python, shell or Java programming experience
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Source Control and Problem Tracking tools such as GitHub and Jira
- Experience working with internal customers
- Experience with public cloud system like AWS or Azure
- Previous/current Teradata experience
This position is located in Rancho Bernardo, CA (San Diego). This fast-paced high-tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state-of-the-art technology to the next level.
This job has expired.