Title: Sr. Data Engineer (Remote Availability)
Location: Eagle, ID
Country: United States of America
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we've produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
We are looking for an accomplished Sr. Data Engineer to join our growing data architecture and analytics team. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data processing infrastructure, including data pipelines, data warehouse, and data lake. The Sr Data Engineer will support our database architects, business unit data analysts and data scientists on data driven initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery and data quality. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting multiple cross functional teams and data management systems. The right candidate will be excited to have an integral role in designing and implementing cutting edge data solutions leveraging a wide range of cloud-based technologies and toolsets as Lamb Weston embarks on several new data initiatives.
• Build enterprise data lake and data warehouse with modern technology, architecture and processes.
Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources both internal and external to both on-prem and cloud.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• Explore ways to enhance data quality, reliability, and delivery.
• Produce scalable, replicable code and engineering solutions that help automate repetitive data management tasks.
• Work with stakeholders including Executive teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Implement and simplify self-service data query and analysis capabilities.
• Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
• 4+ years of experience in a Data Engineering or a related field.
Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Information Systems. Master's degree holders get preferred consideration.
• Expert in data modeling e.g. Data Vault, Kimball methodology, Graph databases etc...
Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Strong interpersonal and business analysis skills.
•Proficiency with Python & SQL, especially for data manipulation and analysis, and the ability to build, maintain, and deploy sequences of automated processes.
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, determine appropriate action, and complete projects with little direction.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
Posted 18 minutes ago
Posted 18 minutes ago
Posted 17 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!