If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The School of Nursing and Health Studies' (SONHS) has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Sr. College Recruiter to work the Coral Gables Campus.
This position is in the School of Nursing and Health Studies' (SONHS) Office of Student Services (OSS) reports to the Assistant Dean of Student/Post-Graduate Support Services and serves as the primary recruiter for all SONHS and graduate programs. This position works closely with key personnel to develop the School's comprehensive recruitment plan, brainstorm new recruitment strategies, and strategically market SONHS programs to recruit a top-notch and diverse student body. This positions duties include analyzing admission numbers to monitor recruitment efforts and assess the effectiveness of recruitment and marketing decisions, supporting admissions personnel to ensure applications are reviewed and decided upon in a timely fashion. This position also oversees that students transition from applicant to enrolled student all the way through degree completion. The Recruiter also oversees the SONHS PEERS Program Alumni Ambassador program. The ideal applicant will be able to travel extensively locally and nationally and will possess excellent analytical, communication, organizational, interpersonal, and public speaking skills. It is also important the this position be able to be self-directed as well as collaborative to work effectively as a member of the OSS team. At least two years of related work experience and a bachelor's degree in health science, higher education, marketing, nursing, public health, public relations, or a related field is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
PEERS Program Alumni Ambassador and Ambassador Management 5%
- Oversees the SONHS PEERS Program Alumni Ambassador program
- Coordinates with the SONHS Alumni Organization and the University's Advancement office to onboard new Alumni Ambassadors and engage them in various SONHS initiatives
- Maintains regular communication with Alumni Ambassadors to keep them engaged
- Assists with the PEERS Program Ambassador program by helping with training efforts, relaying prospective student inquiries, and addressing Ambassador questions
Recruitment and Student Operations 60%
- In Collaboration with the Executive Director serves as a primary recruiter for all SONHS undergraduate and graduate programs
- Work with the Executive Director Post-Graduate Support Services and other key SONHS personnel to develop a comprehensive recruitment plan, brainstorm new recruitment strategies, explore new resources, and strategically market SONHS programs to recruit a top-notch and diverse student body
- Keeps an active contact list of all of the healthcare contacts here in the community and abroad.
- Maintains consistent contact with providing our clinical partners, as well as other facilities the different events and opportunities here at SONHS
- Travel locally and nationally to represent SONHS at conferences and other recruitment venues and/or assures an event is staffed
- Act as one of the main points of contact for prospects, inquiries, and applicants, and assist students through all aspects of the admission lifecycle
- Identify prospective student populations, develop inquiries, and maintain ongoing communication with inquiries via mail, e-mail, phone calls, and other means to move them through the application process
- Use Salesforce marketing and communication tools at a high-level in order to manage inquiries and communicate with admitted students to grow the number of applicants, increase yield, and decrease melt
- Work with the Executive Director, Associate Deans, Program Directors, and faculty to reach out to current students and encourage them to continue their education at the School of Nursing and Health Studies
- Liaise with Advancement when needed to help attract potential students and donors
- Collaborate with the undergraduate advisors to arrange and conduct tours and information sessions for prospective students, including tours of the simulation facilities and interactions with current students
- Assist with open house, orientation, graduation, and homecoming events
- Stay abreast of SONHS and University opportunities, policies, and procedures to provide students with accurate information and refer to others as appropriate
- Maintains an accurate list of students on Leave of Absence and their expected return term.
- Maintain an accurate tracking list to help determine enrollment for courses for scheduling purposes
- Liaises with the Graduate School to ensure our graduating students are cleared for conferral
- Work directly with the Manager of Advising to ensure all ABSN students are cleared for graduation.
- Create and develop events and activities to increase retention of current students.
- Works with Associate Deans and Program Directors to create an efficient timeline for each admission term.
- Coordinates orientation
- Coordinates events directed specifically at admitted students to keep them engaged prior to start ie. Financial sessions, welcome days, etc.
Data Analysis and Reporting 30%
- Develop and run a systematic process to collect data on recruitment and marketing efforts to assess their effectiveness and guide future recruitment and marketing decisions
- Prepare and present assessment reports on recruitment and marketing efforts to the Assistant Dean
- Use NursingCas CaneLink, Data Warehouse, and other University systems to retrieve student data
- Assign, monitor, and evaluate "red flags" in the admission process to identify issues that affect yield, melt, retention, and graduation, and work with the Executive Director to develop strategies to address them
- Assist with general SONHS surveys and reports as needed
OSS Mission Support 5%
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Provide support to admission personnel as needed
- Coordinates student onboarding (e.g., Orientation) and other OSS-related events as needed
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Word
- Knowledge of Salesforce required
- Knowledge of additional graphic design, marketing, and recruitment software a plus
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, and public speaking skills
- Strong analytical skills to analyze data and direct recruitment efforts
- Ability to travel extensively locally and nationally
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment by using good multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to engage and assist a diverse student body and to work closely with faculty, administration, and outside organizations with minimal supervision
- Ability to be self-directed as well as collaborative to work effectively as a member of a team
Reports to: Executive Director of Student/Post-Graduate Support Services
Non-Exempt Staff: 3
Exempt Staff: 0
Students: All Alumni Ambassadors
Budget responsibilities?: NoEducation and Experience:
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Degree Preferred In: Health Science, Higher Education, Marketing, Nursing, Public Health, Public Relations, or a Related Field
Experience: 2-3 Years
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree required. Educational background in health science, higher education, marketing, nursing, public health, public relations, or a related field desired. Approximately two to three years of related experience, preferably in higher education and recruitment, with particular experience working with healthcare-related populations. Any appropriate combination of education and related work experience, including experience as a student employee, will be considered.Job descriptions are not intended to be exhaustive lists of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and abilities associated with a position.Management reserves the right to revise duties as necessary.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: