If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University of Miami is currently seeking a Senior Clinic Assistant to work at the Sylvester Cancer Center in Miami. The incumbent works directly with patients and various healthcare facilities to obtain patient information for medical records in preparation for first clinic visits. The incumbent also assists with patient care, such as nursing activities and laboratory collections for GPS Clinic.
Core Job Functions
1. Explains HIPPA to patients and obtains signatures.
2. Submits signed consents to healthcare centers to initiate retrieval of medical records, x-rays, and other pertinent reports.
3. Tracks pending records to ensure delivery prior to clinic visits.
4. Communicates to the appropriate nurse coordinator if difficult or unable to obtain pertinent records.
5. Travels within the facility and campus to retrieve records, films, or CDs.
6. May collect and prepare specimens.
7. Maintains accurate clinical records per hospital policy while preserving confidentiality of patient information.
8. Assembles, completes, and processes patients' charts.
9. Assists with ordering, receiving, distributing, sorting, and storing supplies.
10. Reports suspicious or unusual incidents to appropriate supervisory personnel.
11. Assists with clerical duties, to include receiving phone calls, sending faxes and emails, and scanning and copying documents.
12. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
13. Able to communicate with multiple departments for patient care coordination (genetics, radiology, etc.)
14. Assists with scheduling/rescheduling/cancelling of patients for the high-risk patients.
15. Able to communicate with department staff and providers regarding patient clinical concerns, appointments, and escalation of appointments.
16. Cross-cover other areas as needed.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
Prior experience with patient care/healthcare setting (preferred)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and primary responsibilities of this job classification. Specific duties and tasks may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the job. This a job profile description and not all duties may be assigned to a specific position in each individual department.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Posted about 8 hours ago
Posted about 8 hours ago
Johnson City, Texas
Posted about 5 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our