In this role, you will develop bioinformatics pipelines and implement the latest algorithms. You will work closely with computational biologists, statisticians, bioinformaticians, and scientists within Oncology and software engineers in our Digital organization to optimize and test our next-generation bioinformatics pipelines.
Here's What You'll Do
Here's What You'll Need (Minimum Qualifications)
- Optimize, test, and maintain software and pipelines for a variety of data types, with a focus on personalized cancer oncology bioinformatics.
- Applying DevOps and CI/CD best practices to transform research work and prototypes into production level pipelines aimed for personalized cancer vaccines.
- Ingest community-established open-source pipelines, such as nf-core
- Work with variety of native internally developed systems to interface seamlessly with open-source pipelines and modify/fork as needed
- Help implement novel algorithms and methods to advance research programs
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table (Preferred Qualifications)
- M.S. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Systems Biology, or a related discipline with 5+ years (or BS/BA plus 7 years) direct experience on bioinformatics pipeline development and DevOps
- Experience using bioinformatics workflow framework (e.g. NextFlow, Luigi, Snakemake, NextFlow preferred), version control systems (Git preferred), Cloud (AWS preferred) and containers (Docker preferred)
- Familiarity with coding best practices and CI/CD frameworks (e.g. Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines preferred)
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Experience in NGS analysis pipelines and algorithms for a variety of data types (e.g. fastq, vcf, bam)
- Experience with DevSecOps
- Effective time management, organization, and planning skills
- Flexibility; adaptability to frequent change
- Self-starter with a "can do" attitude
- Results oriented; ability to manage performance
- Effective communication, both written and verbal
- Personal and shared accountability
- A desire to make an impact as part of a high-growth, transformational company that is Bold, Relentless,
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is a place where everyone can grow. If you meet the Basic Qualifications for the role and you would be excited to contribute to our mission every day, please apply!
Moderna is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry or citizenship, ethnicity, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, or any other personal characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Belonging, Inclusion, and Diversity are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We're focused on attracting, retaining, developing, and advancing our employees and believe that by cultivating diverse experiences, backgrounds, and ideas, we can provide an environment where every employee is able to contribute their best.
Moderna is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the Talent Acquisition Partner or contact the Accommodations team at firstname.lastname@example.org. (EEO/AAP Employer)
This job has expired.