There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
The Infotainment and Virtual cockpit Systems group at General Motors is a cutting-edge product development and execution team that is building next-gen Infotainment Systems for GM.
We are looking for an experienced Android Developer with a proven track record of developing high quality embedded/AOSP apps. As a integral member of the team, you will code and test and the features required for future of our platform. We want your skills as we research and develop products that transform the in-vehicle experience as the world knows it. This is a remote position, the selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.
Additional Job Description
• Work with Development Leads, Technical Product Owners, and Architects to develop and implement solutions to challenging problems.
• You will be challenged to learn new things, use new technology, and participate in the Infotainment and HMI community
•Participate in development within the following areas:
- Media, Radio(AM/FM/SXM)
- Connectivity (BT, BLE, WiFi)
- Projection (Android Auto, Carplay)
• Do all this in a way that respects team work, diversity of opinion, and maintains our core values.Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
• Expert level knowledge of Kotlin, Android SDK and Java.
• Expertise in designing testable software and building large scale, complex Android applications.
• 3+ years of building automotive grade or related software.
• 5 years of Engineering experiencePreferred Qualifications:
• Expertise in Navigation and-or Voice/Virtual Assistants
• A solid software development foundation including competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
• Continuous delivery
• A demonstrated track record of being a change agent, leaving every team and process better than you found itCompensation:
The median level of salary compensation for this role is $122,673Bonus Potential:
An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.Benefits:
GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more
#LI-Remote #gmremoteBenefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.