Responsible for the analysis, design, code, test, documentation and support of new software applications and enhancements to existing applications. Contribute to the preparation of specifications to resolve business client questions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Assist others in refining system specifications
- Participate in gathering specifications from users
- Translate detailed program specifications for less complex problems into coded computer instructions
- Create and/ or modify programs to adapt to changes in needs and requirements
- Test coded program routines and makes revisions to eliminate errors
- Review test results with users, complete final program documentation, and obtain approval for changes
- Analyze issues and uses judgement to make decisions
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Basic knowledge of one or more of the following skill sets: .Net, C#, VB.Net, SQL, SSIS, SSRS
- Development knowledge of all phases of Software Development Lifecycle
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Ability to work in an open team environment
- Demonstrates attention to detail, organization, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with direct guidance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Effective time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Experience with relational databases
- Understanding of data modeling
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.