Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems in the US Department of Defense (DOD), is seeking a Software Engineer to be based in any office.
We are looking for mid- to senior-level Software Engineers to be critical members of the ATRT Enterprise Platform (AEP) Test Execution team to drive the design and implementation of the software components that enable the execution of both automated and manual tests of systems deployed within the AEP.
All applicants must be able to obtain/maintain an active U.S. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- The design, implementation, and testing of software components (all aspects of the software development lifecycle) using multiple languages and technology stacks as part of an Agile software development process using modern design tools and principles while adhering to coding standards
- Participate and provide feedback in design reviews & code reviews
- Deploy software to containerized environments using orchestrators like Kubernetes
- Support lab-based test and integration activities at IDT offices and on-site in customer labs
- Produce and present technical documentation for both internal and external review and feedback
- Minimum 5 years' experience in software engineering
- B.S. in software engineering, computer science, or related field
- Experience with containerized software deployment and container orchestration platforms like Openshift/okd, Rancher, and Tanzu
- Proficiency working with distributed version control software systems like Git
- Familiarity with package management software systems including Maven, NPM, yum, and apt-get
- Ability to design software with UML primitives: sequence diagrams, class diagrams, and activity diagrams
- Ability to quickly identify, learn, and apply new software technologies
- Ability to work on-site at IDT's facilities and travel to customer sites up to 15% of the time
- Basic Linux administration understanding to perform tasks such as network configuration, service management, and software installation
- Experience with Web Services, HTTP, REST
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Proficiency in complex problem solving within tight timelines
- Experience with ATRT test automation tools (Test Manager, SPEAR), or other test automation tools used in industry
- Experience in database design and familiarity with SQL and relational (PostgreSQL, MS-SQL, Oracle, etc.) database techniques
- Ability to work in a geographically distributed team environment, remote collaboration using Teams/Skype/Zoom/etc.
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate ambiguous situations
- Ability to work closely with Program Managers and Senior Engineers to document, manage and communicate systems and software requirements
- Attention to detail
- Excellence in technical communication & interpersonal skills with peers, customers, and non-technical cohorts
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, teamwork
- Strong organization, planning, and prioritization skills
- Solid analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.