Primary Job Purpose
The Software Development Engineer IV participates in a team environment for the delivery and maintenance of application systems. Responsible for programming, debugging and testing of applications in a development environment. Generally responsible for database design and system testing. This position provides technical, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day work.
General Functions and Outcomes
- Develops efficient and maintainable program code.
- Develops efficient and effective program and system solutions in solving simple business problems.
- Provides consulting support for Engineering and Business partners by researching, identifying and resolving technical programming problems.
- Continuously seeks to improve job skills. Actively participates in the company's learning environment.
- Works on compensating for personal limits in both technical and professional soft skills.
- Meets established deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Develops simple programs and systems in support of business processes and objectives.
- Prepares system test plans, test criteria, and test data.
- Develops innovative solutions to problems.
- Understands and participates in deliverables required by approved Development Lifecycles.
- Determines program design and prepares work estimates for development or changes for assigned work.
- Takes initiative and seeks out work.
- Prepares program, system, operational and User documentation.
- Performs testing and documents the results.
- Adheres to policies, procedures, and standards in place within IT/Engineering as well as all corporate policies, procedures and standards created by Cambia. Those include, but are not limited to, technical and architecture standards, production implementation standards, regular status reporting, regular participation in team, regular one on one meetings with Lead or Manager, and providing work estimates and regular time tracking.
- Expected deliverables include but are not limited to requirement analysis, system analysis, system design, data models, program design, source code development, test case development, testing, and documentation.
- May be responsible for on-call duties as defined by management.
- Develops and/or directs the creation of efficient and maintainable program code.
- Develops efficient and effective program and system solutions in solving highly complex business problems.
- Develops highly complex programs and systems in support of business processes and objectives.
- Understands, directs and participates in deliverables required by approved Development Lifecycles.
- Expected to contribute to process improvement.
- Determines and/or directs system design and prepares work estimates for development or changes for multiple work efforts.
- Prepares and/or directs the creation of program, system, operational and User documentation.
- Seeks to improve policies and procedures.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
- Communicates clearly in a timely manner in both verbal and written communication with other Software Development Engineers.
- Able to work well with business customers and engineering and technical partners.
- Able to take direction from others in analyzing and solving program and system issues and problems.
- Familiar with core technologies and methodologies used by the team.
- Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve simple programming problems and system coordination issues.
- Able to work with minimum direction.
- Able to plan and manage his/her own work.
- Communicate effectively with peers.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development including unit test creation.
- Follow corporate and department coding standards and guidelines.
- Able to learn continuous integration practices.
- Familiarity with defensive programming.
- Depending on business area, demonstrated experience of building Data pipeline: Data Exchange, Cleansing, Validation, Standardization, Search and Ranking based on Data Science.
- Communicates clearly in a timely manner in both verbal and written communication with other Software Development Engineers and Executives.
- Able to work well with groups of business customers and technology partners.
- Able to provide direction to others in analyzing and solving program and system issues and problems.
- Highly technically proficient in core technologies and methodologies used by the team.
- Able to drive and champion rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of significant scope.
- Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve highly complex programming problems and system coordination issues.
- Able to provide technical direction and solutions to other team members. Recognizes differences of how senior managers think and work. Relays status to management and peers in a timely manner.
- Able to lead large multi-discipline teams (5+) for complex work efforts which includes estimating, coordinating, tracking progress, inspiring others to complete tasks on time, assisting with resolving issues and creating status reports. Creates a climate where people want to do their best. Can motivate and empower others on work teams.
- Demonstrated expertise and ability to lead others in Test Driven Development including unit test creation
- Demonstrated expertise and ability to lead others in defensive programming.
The Software Development Engineer IV would have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field and at least 8 years relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, including, but not limited to application development or database development. Experience will typically include significant involvement with one or more of the following key technologies: Java, J2EE, .NET, Oracle, DataStage, Salesforce.com or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Work Environment
- Work primarily performed in office environment.
- Travel may be required, locally or out of state.
- May be required to work outside normal hours and/or provide on call service.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check are required.
This job has expired.