Summary of Role :
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is looking for a highly experienced engineer with semiconductor product as well as automation and software development skills to work in the Tapeout Operations Organization as a Frame Engineer. You will primarily be responsible for the technical specification and development of, as well as programming of, the worldwide Frame infrastructure using various computer languages and databases running on a Linux operating system. These responsibilities will be in support of the generation of reticle level Step Plans as well as Frames bordering internal or client supplied production chip designs. These responsibilities will also be associated with the inception of semiconductor development test builds and foundry product masks for our high volume worldwide wafer Fabrication locations. Close collaboration with worldwide teams, requiring flexible working hours in the early mornings or late evenings, will be essential for the person performing this Frame Engineer role. Beyond this, you will be expected to have a thorough understanding of several computer aided physical design tools and ability to generate scripts enhancing your own as well as other Frame team members' efficiency. Further, the successful candidate should enjoy leading team members beyond their own organization on broad assignments that continuously improve the productivity of engineering processes as well as production output quality. The successful candidate should have a record of incepting and installing quality software or automation solutions. Additionally, the successful candidate should have experience leading as well as executing test efforts to insure high availability and quality operation of production processes. The person in this role should be self-motivated, self-disciplined, value diversity and inclusion as well as possess excellent communication skills. The person in this role may report to a team leader located at a different site within the United States (U.S.) than where you will be located. Your immediate peers or upper management may include individuals located in Germany, India and Singapore too. Your work location will ideally be located at the GLOBALFOUNDRIES Malta, New York (U.S.) manufacturing site or within a reasonable commutable distance to it. If not in Malta, New York, your work location will be at an existing GLOBALFOUNDRIES site location within the U.S.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Generate technical specifications and develop as well as program the worldwide Frame infrastructure to incept and install quality software or automation solutions.
- Support the generation of reticle level Step Plans as well as Frames bordering internal or client supplied production chip designs.
- Support the inception of semiconductor development test builds and foundry product masks
- Use several computer aided physical design tools and generate scripts enhancing your own as well as other team members' efficiency.
- Lead team members on broad assignments that continuously improve productivity of development processes as well as production output quality
- Lead as well as execute test efforts to insure high availability and quality operation of production processes.
- Participate in meetings with peer Frame teams located in the US, India and Singapore.
- Interact with other teams such as Field Application Engineering, Tapeout Logistics, Integration, Release, Optical Proximity Control, Design Services and Design Enablement, to assist with providing a best-in-class Global Tapeout Operations experience.
- Create project plans and schedules as well as assess progress towards milestones.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 8 years of experience
- Travel Requirements: 10% of Travel
- Language Fluency: English (Written & Verbal)
- Masters in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in tapeout, new product introduction and semiconductor fab setup with knowledge in related areas such as mask data preparation, inline metrology, reticle construction and manufacturing, testchips, reticle frame building, OPC or mask manufacturing.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in Software Engineering with Programming Languages (Java, Perl, Python) and scripting language (Korn Shell) on a Linux platform and relational database experience.
- Knowledge of Cadence K2 Mask Compose.
- Experience using office productivity software tools (preferably Microsoft products).
- Experience in Project Management.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.