Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $31 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
Linde is seeking a Sites Services Technician to join the team in the Hillsboro, OR area.
- This role will provide technical execution of installation, maintenance, repair, commissioning and troubleshooting tasks on site services equipment to include but not limited to liquid and gas storage vessels, vaporization systems, trailers, cylinders, gas purifiers, gas analyzers and sampling cabinets, filtration systems, pipelines, valve skids and instrumentation/control systems.
- This role will report to the area site services supervisor and conduct service tasks at customer sites.
- Understand and adhere to company, customer and regulatory safety work policies and operating practices. Report safety incidents and near misses.
- Effectively operate, maintain, troubleshoot and commission gas delivery systems.
- Read and maintain P&IDs and schematic wiring diagrams in compliance with both company and customer SOP's, QA, and MOC policies.
- Maintain and troubleshoot industrial instruments and analyzers including transmitters, PLC systems, meters, gas purifiers and automatic valves.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems and equipment (< 600V).
- Coordinate scheduling of planned or requested maintenance and procurement of materials.
- Perform lock-out tag-out, correctly and safely permit maintenance work, and oversee contractors as necessary.
- Understand Process Loop interaction and impact on the process. Propose, prepare and execute projects to improve availability and reliability.
- Knowledgeable of ultra-high purity delivery and control systems. Daily customer engagement is needed. Compliance Trainings at customer sites must be completed to obtain and maintain access badges.
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. The job requires a rotating on-call status. Some overtime, holiday, and afterhours work will be required. Employee must be able to access elevated electrical and mechanical equipment via ladders, scaffolding and man-lifts. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed to develop working relationships both internally and externally with customers and contractors. Attention to detail is a must.Qualifications:
- Proven understanding of control, instrumentation, and electrical systems in industrial environment. Ability to troubleshoot 4-20mA transmitter, electro-pneumatic control loops, as well as industrial control components (e.g., solenoid valve, actuators, regulators, PID controllers, etc).
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship program or equivalent combination of work experience and technical training required. Associate Degree from a technical school is desired.
- At least 3+ years of related experience within the fields of customer service, UHP process system, instrumentation and controls, engineering work procedure preparation and execution.
- Familiar with software like Microsoft Suite and know how to read engineering drawings.
- Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes. Capable of operating a forklift or overhead crane or man lift according to company policy.
- Proven experience in computers and standard software packages (MS Office, E-Mail etc.). Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings such as P&IDs, electrical drawings.
- Must be able to walk piping systems with the client, develop procedures, and understand process flow.
- Prior Hydrogen experience related to tank maintenance and inspection.
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.