Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
About the Role:
The Simulation Specialist will provide technical support for all simulation operations for the NGHS simulation needs; including: preparation, maintenance, repair and operation of low to high fidelity simulators (software and hardware), task trainers, related inventory and audio/video equipment; simulation session programming, testing, setup and operation; program management software; data management and quality assurance; quality improvement project support; research project support; innovation exploration; simulator moulage; and standardized patient moulage. As an instructor for AHA, the Simulation Specialist will have the ability to follow standard AHA ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) / PALS (Pediatric Advanced Lifer Support) / BLS (Basic Life Support) curriculum. The instructor should have practical experience in performing the skills taught and the ability to communicate the skills to students in a clear and precise manner. The Simulation Specialist will split the work load between the simulation lab and AHA classes.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Preferred Job Qualifications
Licensure or other certifications: CHSE or CHSOS certification from the Society for Simulation in Healthcare Education preferred or ability to obtain within one (1) year.
Educational Requirements: Associates Degree health-related field required. Certificated in ACLS and PALS, required. Obtain instructor status for AHA classes within one (1) year of hire.
NGHS Core Competencies
Preferred Licensure or other certifications:
Preferred Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree. Paramedic or Respiratory Therapist Degree.
Preferred Experience: Three (3) years experience as a Respiratory Therapist or Paramedic. Experience with simulation equipment, medical equipment or technology in a healthcare or science related field.
Being Vulnerable: Admits mistakes and shortcomings; Shares thoughts and feelings openly; Is transparent without hidden agendas; Seen as authentic and genuine; Open and non-defensive to feedback
Communicating Effectively: Shares information fully and offers knowledge and experience; Conveys ideas in a manner that engages others; Takes unpopular positions if necessary; Engages in unfiltered dialogue; Relates to others in a respectful manner, regardless of level, personality and background
Being Accountable: Demonstrates tenacity and perseverance; Takes initiative; Engages resources to overcome obstacles; Has the courage to do the right thing even when difficult; Acts with integrity in accordance with our Core Values
Displaying Empathy: Shares in the joys and pains of others; Is available and offers to help others; Shows concern for the challenges of others; Has a positive and kind demeanor; Takes a non-judgmental approach with others
Holding Others Accountable: Provides current actionable feedback, both corrective and reinforcing; Doesn't allow problems to fester; Takes action when necessary, even if unpleasant; Uses every opportunity to give reinforcing feedback to others; Helps others see their blind spots
Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; Listens for the unsaid; Asks questions to confirm understanding; Hears people out without interrupting; Is open to viewpoints of others
Managing Disagreement: Acknowledges differing viewpoints and sees it as an opportunity to learn; Doesn't run away from conflict; Strives for win/win solutions; Hammers out tough agreements; Finds common ground and solves problems for the good of all
Promoting Teamwork: Values the contributions of all; Connects others' roles to organizational and team success; Encourages and supports; Cuts across boundaries to get things done; Puts own needs aside for good of the team and the organization
Striving for Continuous Improvement: Experiments regularly with new ideas and approaches; Willing to fail; Learns from mistakes; Always seeks to be better tomorrow than today; Adapts to change
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
Quest: Demonstrates/utilizes Quest tools in department.
Talent Development: Coaches and develops staff.
Safety: Promotes patient, visitor and staff safety and effectively manages hazards that lead to injury or harm.
Productivity: Meets productivity expectations.
Regulatory Compliance: Ensures department's compliance with all regulatory, DNV, mandatory education, and similar requirements.
Identifies unit/department level goals that align with the organization's Key Performance Indicators.HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
If, in the normal course of my duties and responsibilities, I am required to access protected health information (PHI) and electronic protected health information (EPHI) for the purposes of treatment, payment and operations within Northeast Georgia Health System, I will limit such access to only the minimum necessary amount of PHI and EPHI necessary to perform the functions of my job. If access is not required in the normal course of my duties and responsibilities, I will not access PHI or EPHI. Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience with multimedia and AV equipment
- Capabilities in scheduling multiple simulation events
- Proficiency in setup and management of simulation platforms and their maintenance
- Knowledge of patient simulation services, technologies and applications.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology and clinical applications
- Knowledge of computer hardware equipment and software applications relevant to simulator functions
- Operate and maintain simulation equipment, task trainers, computerized simulators, virtual reality procedural trainers, and simulation related A/V equipment.
- Coordinates with faculty instructors in designing, planning, testing, and operating simulations to meet specified objectives.
- Assists with the coordination of standardized patients.
- Ensures appropriate set-up and timely changeover of rooms and resources between sessions.
- Organize scheduling of simulation center.
- Assure work stations are maintained for resident individual practice.
- Performs preventive maintenance and coordinates repairs of manikins
- Maintains and organizes inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Participates in the briefing of learners prior to simulation sessions.
- Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
- Train simulation team members and other pertinent faculty in the operational and technological aspects of simulation
- Maintain proficiency in existing and emerging technologies, including basic theory, design and implementation
- Maintains instructor status for all American Heart classes.
- Support information management systems, which include equipment and inventory tracking, preventative maintenance and repair log, warranty management and productivity tracking
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals. NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Weight Lifted: Up to 50 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
Weight Carried: Up to 50 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
Vision: Moderate, Occasionally 0-30% of time
Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Frequently 31-65%
Standing/Walking: Frequently 31-65%
Pushing/Pulling: Frequently 31-65%
Intensity of Work: Frequently 31-65%
Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking, Keyboarding, Driving
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
This job has expired.