The Shop Foreman will work closely with all members of the Fleet Maintenance division to oversee and assist with the day-to-day supervising, direct, coordinating employees' performance, maintenance, service, and repair of the diverse processing equipment within GFL's fleet.
- Oversee and organize day to day fleet maintenance operations.
- Closely monitor service orders for accuracy and maintain accurate documentation.
- Perform preventative maintenance, diagnostics, troubleshooting and general repair on a wide range of company machinery and equipment, when required.
- Ensure self and team compliance with all safety standards, policies, and procedures.
- Communicate regularly with both the Fleet Maintenance team and dispatchers regarding extent of repairs and anticipated completion times.
- Assist with establishing time standards, productivity measures, budgets, and forecasts for the division
- Assist with growing the fleet-based maintenance program.
- Maintain all equipment in good working condition.
- Monthly inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Valid driver's license.
- Three (3) or more years of heavy diesel truck maintenance experience.
- One (1) or more years of lead technician or supervisory experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Must be able to meet relevant criteria for safety sensitive functions according to Company standards.
- Must have own tools appropriate for the position.
- Ability to supervise, coach, counsel, discipline, and train employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of all tools required to perform repairs and maintenance on vehicles.
- Ability to follow schedules, instructions, technical manuals and maintenance guidelines, and other procedures associated with the maintenance of the company fleet.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to be a self-starter capable of working effectively in a team environment or as an individual contributor.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend reports and associated documents.
- Ability to understand and follow oral instructions.
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA, and other related state and federal regulations.
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, taste, and smell.
- Continuous concentrated mental and visual attention required.
- Visual Requirements: include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent physical effort including handling tools and equipment required.
- Frequently lift/push/pull up to 100 pounds.
- Frequently exposed to loud noise, humidity, hot and cold weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, vibration, toxic and caustic chemicals, fumes, and airborne particles.
- Occasionally work in high precarious places.
- Work environment is usually loud.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
This job has expired.