Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all documents (e.g., export declarations, Bill of lading, Certificate of origin, receiving documents, etc.) For a variety of outbound and inbound shipments (Domestic, Canadian, and International.) Interfaces with internal and external personnel to address and resolve issues associated with the transportation of products. Analyzes and compiles data to monitor and manage the overall performance of the department and plant. Responsible for selecting the most economical routing for inbound and outbound shipments. Coordinates all freight pick-up with a variety of common carriers and/or customers. Responsible for the auditing and accuracy of outbound shipments. Responsible for determining and analyzing freight costs in support of Internal and external requests. Performs a wide variety of related functions as directed by the Supervisor.
Education and Training
- Process all shipping and receiving documents (e.g., bill of Lading, export declarations, packing slips, receiving forms, etc.) in a manner consistent with Accounting guidelines and the Materials department standards of performance.
- Interface with internal and external personnel to insure an acceptable solution is achieved to properly address situations pertaining to freight rates, modes of transportation, claims, freight pick-ups, etc.
- Compile and analyze data to monitor and manage the departmental functional responsibilities relative to delivery performance, freight economics, errors, etc.
- Coordinate the preparation of freight with other departmental personnel to insure the timely loading and unloading of trucks. Audits freight shipments to insure integrity standards are met.
- Present customer's needs to production and scheduling personnel and achieve a 95% on-time delivery performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, materials or related field is a plus.
- APICS Certification or purchasing certification is a plus.
- Should have 1-2 years experience in a manufacturing environment working with MRP systems; shipping experience preferred.
- Computer skills and data entry experience preferred.
- Ability to work overtime as assigned.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This job has expired.