Job ID: 236581
Oldcastle Coastal, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America's leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
Responsible for supervision of employees within assigned shift.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Set production goals and expectations
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment. Set up and operate machinery
- Listen for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discuss machine operation variations with maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine
- Operates forklift as directed and without supervision while adhering to all rules and regulations mandated by safety policies and procedures
- Maintain night shift production line housekeeping and conduct monthly housekeeping audits
- Inspects work in progress and finished product
- Oversee the daily preventive maintenance program
- Track/report inventory and parts usage
- Analyze scorecards and night shift production reports
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Train, promote, and discipline employees
- Ensure all safety rules are followed and employee follow safety program
- Supervise employees in department to ensure they meet quality and production standards
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Leadership experience in a fast-paced industrial manufacturing environment, especially with building materials such as blocks.
- Previously team lead experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience providing on the job training to team members to include but not limited to the operation of forklift, bobcat, loader, and development of production machine troubleshooting skills
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Endure intermittent climbing, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, pushing, and pulling
- Walking up and down elevated catwalks and stairs and standing for long periods of time
- Able to work in all environmental conditions and extreme temperatures
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Coastal, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Dec 29, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Lakeland Job Segment:
Manager, Industrial, Warehouse, Night, Temporary, Management, Manufacturing, Operations, Contract
This job has expired.