WillScot (NASDAQ WSC) is the industry leader in providing storage solutions and modular workplace solutions to customers across North America. We serve ~50,000 customers with space solution needs daily, through a network of 100+ branch locations throughout North America.
Our legacy is rooted in product innovation, a reputation for exceptional customer service, effective management of business operations, and the ability to attract and retain the industry's most talented staff and management team. Our values guide us to achieving our true potential and create an inclusive work environment which allows every person to thrive.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Our Service Technicians are multi-functional, inspecting buildings, performing repairs or readiness work including framing and finish carpentry, light electrical, flooring, plumbing, painting, running gear, and more to our fleet of modular buildings. An eye for quality and a commitment to safety is critical for this role!
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Fleet & Efficient Use of Resources:
- Act in accordance with Williams Scotsman Safety, Transportation, and Environmental Policies.
- Lead and act to promote employee health and safety results through creating a safer workplace, DuPont STOP™, training and observations, and regularly scheduled assessments of the branch.
- Attend periodic safety meetings
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Operate a company vehicle safely and maintains a valid driver's license and excellent driving record free from points
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Perform repairs to mobile office trailers including framing and finish carpentry, electrical, flooring, plumbing, painting, running gear, and all other facets of modular building repair.
- Perform check-in/out (off/on rent) inspections of off rented buildings by physically inspecting to determine repair scope of work, as well as damages for invoicing the customer. Create floor plan drawings as needed.
- Perform modifications as requested by customers.
- Maintain proper inventory levels of all equipment/tools/parts/VAPS needed for service tasks.
- Provide courteous customer service as needed over the phone and in person. Explain all repairs and services to customers.
- Ensure trailers are ready for scheduled delivery dates at stated quality levels.
- Perform service related tasks in the yard as requested.
- Complete appropriate paperwork for deliveries, pick-ups and service calls.
- Perform HVAC system checks and maintenance per company guidelines.
- May be assigned duties at field locations as business needs.
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment is a must.
- Some knowledge of computers is necessary and good communications skills are required for dealing with customers, sales people, contractors, shop personnel as well as Williams Scotsman employees at various branch locations.
- Must have carpentry knowledge and experience.
- Electrical, plumbing, and welding experience is a plus.
- A current valid driver's license and a clean record are required.
The opportunity to advance your career is ready for the taking at WillScot; if you're READY TO WORK, apply today!
WillScot is veteran-friendly. If you have military experience, we want to hear from you!
WillScot, is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. WillScot takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Nearest Major Market:
Salt Lake City Job Segment:
Outside Sales, Sales