Position/Job Title: Server Administrator - Intermediate
Location: Hill AFB, Utah
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is looking for a Server Administrator - Intermediate to design, install, administer, and optimize servers and related components to enable business functions supported by the servers. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for the ongoing management of the server environment. This candidate shall assist with overseeing the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of designated servers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Server hardware/software: installation and support
- End device hardware/software installation and support
- Application installation, upgrades, and support
- Permissions management software and user accounts
- Configuration management
- Response to server outages
- Troubleshooting hardware/software errors
- Configuring baseline and monitoring/auditing server event logs (Windows System, Application & Security logs for example)
- Vulnerability Management to include utilizing enterprise patching tools to implement security updates and patching.
- Automation including scripting/scheduling basic and advanced server administration tasks.
- Server backups/restoral
- Service Account management
- Documentation of server hardware/software baseline, and all server admin procedures and processes
- Reports, as needed (patch status/project status/Weekly Activity Reports, etc.)
Job Requirements Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be a U.S. Citizen. Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline. (relevant experience - field preferred - and education may be considered in lieu of a degree).
- 5+ Years demonstrated/practical hands-on experience in all the duties and responsibilities for a sever administrator.
- Must possess and maintain an IT II level certification, an IAT II certifications DoD
8570.01-M is required. Certifications: Security+ or GSEC or SCNP or SSCP. Abilities:
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
DoD active security clearance may be required at a high-level security. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.Physical Requirements:
Work will require a fair amount of travel as well as sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds, as necessary.Company Summary:
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.