Do you want to work for a global company that creates remarkable experiences through people, products, and food? If you want to be part of a rewarding People First culture that values relationships, trust, and taking the long view, then this is the place for you. Henny Penny was named the 2021 Dayton Business of the Year for many good reasons. Read on to learn more!
The Senior Software Engineer plays a key role in designing a wide range of commercial cooking equipment. The engineer has the opportunity to be involved with implementing and supporting new products, product improvements, product enhancements, customization, solving customer related problems, creating new processes, and assist with other engineers or engineering disciplines. In addition, the engineer will design extensions to current product lines to meet the needs of a diverse customer base, as well as finding creative solutions to application problems that occur on our new and mature products.
What We Offer
What You'll Be Doing
- An opportunity to work for a company that is 100% employee-owned. As an employee-owner, you will be enrolled in our employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) program following one year of service. This is a qualified retirement plan that is separate from your 401k and consists only of Henny Penny shares that will be paid out when you retire (or when you leave the company, but we hope you'll stay!)
- Annual company performance bonus in addition to base salary
- Flexibility to work from home 2 days per week
- Defined career paths so you'll always know what's next and what steps can get where you want to go
- Professional development opportunities including tuition reimbursement and unlimited free access to LinkedIn Learning courses
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, PTO, and paid holidays
- Onsite wellness clinic offering preventive care services such as wellness screenings, annual physicals, and related lab work at no cost to employee-owners
- Activities including department outings, holiday parties, and our annual company-wide Thanksgiving Dinner
What We're Looking For
- Work on complex, less clearly defined projects under limited supervision.
- Conduct and participate in periodic reviews of work output.
- Apply knowledge to analyze complex system issues and then take action.
- Assist in creating product requirements and conducts technical feasibility studies.
- Create system design requirements, detailed technical specifications, and risk management.
- Estimate the costs, resources, and time to complete a project.
- Verify the specifications and prototypes by designing and reviewing test cases.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure project objectives are met.
- Improve skills and product knowledge by getting additional training and continued education.
- Mentor level I & II Software Engineers.
- Responds to internal/external inquiries about the technical aspects of our products.
- Champion internal process improvements and helps create a roadmap to drive change.
- Complete tasks that support the overall schedule and clearly communicates status.
- Assist in the development of user/tech manuals as needed.
- Follow best practices and all regulatory procedures for ISO, UL, CE, and others as required.
- Maintain an organized and clean lab/project environment.
- Take overall responsibility for designing and implementing system specifications and formal representations of solutions used to create, modify, test, debug, deploy, and maintain system software that operates hardware and/or interacts with the product user or automated system.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and revise existing system logic and software as necessary.
- Deliver internal and/or external technical presentations.
- Consistently models the Company Values and Expected Behaviors
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years engineering experience
- Collaborative style and a passion for learning, laughing, and achieving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to do technical presentations with a wide audience including customers and executives
- Ability to run small to medium size projects
- Intermediate experience with source control and Eclipse based development tools
- Comfortable developing/implementing bootloaders, low level drivers, libraries, and BSPs
- Expert in C/C++
- Advanced experience with state machines
- Advanced knowledge of what interrupts are and how they work
- Excellent understanding of Boolean and hexadecimal math
- Excellent understanding of multi-tasking and how to debug
- Excellent understanding of digital and analog electronics
- Excellent understanding of microprocessor internals
- Strong knowledge working with RTOS and/or embedded Linux
- Advanced ability to develop and debug code for timers, PWM, real-time clocks, PID
- Excellent understanding of UART/USART, RS232, RS485, Modbus, CAN, USB, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, Flash, EEPROM, and ADC/DAC
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Ability to perform advanced electronics debugging/troubleshooting, use a debugger to perform complex operations and effectively use a multimeter and an oscilloscope
- Ability to design complex systems and create system documentation
- Strong understanding of HMI programming
- Ability to design and implement wireless data communications (Wi-Fi, Zigbee, Bluetooth)
- Experience with IoT solutions, edge and cloud computing (desired)
- Intermediate knowledge of networking architectures and security concepts (desired)
- Automated testing (desired)
- Ability to travel and work at customer locations (sometimes on short notice)
We're known in our industry for making the best commercial food equipment in the world. Every day, millions of people eat in restaurants operating Henny Penny equipment. We're a behind-the-scenes engine in the world's most demanding kitchens, including long-term partners like McDonald's, Chick-fil-A, KFC, and Wendy's. We're 1,000+ employee-owners who thrive by living a People First mission: to support employees in becoming the best version of themselves both personally and professionally.
We recently completed the largest expansion in our history with the addition of 150,000 square feet on our Eaton campus. This expansion drives development of the world's most reliable, easy-to-use equipment with an innovative new space for global research and development. We have several collaborative spaces for our project teams, a dedicated electrical engineering lab for our hardware and software engineers, a full model shop for rapid prototyping, and a brand-new test lab that has 300 feet of hood space to test new equipment on our product roadmap. On top of that, we have a new state-of-the-art kitchen for our food science group to meet with our customers, understand what they need, and then dial in our equipment to help them make legendary menu items.
Henny Penny is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability or handicap, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), marital status, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
This job has expired.