A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
At EMD Serono in Billerica, MA we are looking for anIn Vivo Immunopharmacology Senior Scientist to drive drug discovery and development projects in Immuno-Oncology by designing and conductingin vivopharmacology studies in murine tumor models. The Senior Scientist will be responsible for the hands-on execution of in vivo immunopharmacology studies that utilize mouse tumor models to study the anti-tumor activity of novel immuno-oncology agents. He/she will contribute to the proposal of novel targets and immunotherapy strategy, the execution of a research strategy focused on the evaluation of novel cancer immunotherapy approaches and further combination with conventional treatment. Through applied expertise in tumor immunology, the incumbent will be charged with characterizing the immunological mechanisms associated with treatment and the identification of potential biomarkers.
Who you are:
- Master's degree in Immunology, Oncology or other Science discipline with 5+ years of experience in Immunology or Immuno-Oncology research or PhD in Immunology, Oncology or other Science discipline
- Prior experience in Immunology or Immuno-Oncology research, candidates with T or NK cell experience
- Ability to keep abreast of cutting-edge in vivo models that can be applied to concept discovery and drug candidate characterization
- Previous experience with multi-color flow cytometry, other immune readouts (i.e., experience in T cell activation assays, ELISA, IHC) and gene expression profile experiments (i.e. RNAseq, Nanostring) and bioinformatic data analysis
- Ability to apply PK/PD relationship concepts to optimize the dose & schedule for novel biological and small molecule agents
- Experience in driving mechanistic studies that can support biomarker strategy for small molecule and/or biologics therapeutic modalities
- Ability to provide input on all IND/NDA/BLA preparation activities including data collection, analysis, and write-up of biomarker and pharmacodynamic endpoints
- Follow and promote safety instructions and regulations according to Quality Management Standards
RSRSOWhat we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information athttps://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 220612
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.