Senior Research Associate, Analytics
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
Universal Cells, an affiliate of Astellas located in Seattle, WA, is focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. We conduct clinical-grade gene editing of stem cells to produce cells that avoid rejection and can be used in allogeneic cell therapy treatments to treat all patients that need them.
OUR GOAL - ONE CELL FOR EVERYONE
NO IMMUNE SUPPRESSION. NO DONOR MATCHING. NO REJECTION.
We are a dynamic team of research and scientific professionals who are passionate about turning science and innovation into medical solutions. Through our diversity, scientific knowledge, professional rigor and focus on innovation, we are merging our technology with the Astellas drug development expertise to unlock cures to many therapies. Join our team of committed, enthusiastic professionals devoted to making the most effective, life-saving cell therapy products in the world.
Universal Cells (UCI) is announcing a Senior Research Associate, Analytics opportunity at their facility in Seattle, WA.
The primary purpose of the Research Associate II/ Senior Research Associate for our Core Technologies Department will be to contribute to the further molecular engineering for our gene edited Universal Donor Cells. They will work as a key member on a fast-paced team to assist with the development and execution of molecular assays to characterize our proprietary gene edited cells.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Routinely performing standard molecular biology techniques including primer design, molecular cloning, gDNA isolation, PCR, Southern blot and Sanger sequence analysis.
* Maintaining accurate records according to Good Documentation Practices and compilation of experimental data in a timely manner. Documentation of qualified activities according to Universal Cells Quality Assurance guidelines.
* Compiling, analyzing, and summarizing data; must be able to present data in both oral and written formats.
* Able to work independently with minimal guidance and think critically about experiments and results
* Keen organizational skills and the ability to maintain accurate and up to date records
* Performs other duties as assigned or special projects as needed.
* Reports to Director of Core Technologies
* As part of a busy team, with minimal guidance, this role will work on multiple components of projects in the lab, interacting with multiple functions and research groups. Collaboration and teamwork is necessary for optimal performance.
* This position is a lab-based role, requiring a significant amount of lab-based research and analysis, including self-directed work plans and experimental procedures.
* Senior Research Associate will have BS Degree in related scientific discipline with 5+ years / MS Degree with 2+ years of relevant hands-on laboratory experience
* Research Associate II will have BS Degree in related scientific discipline with 3+ years / MS Degree with 0-2 years of relevant hands-on laboratory experience.
* Strong interest and experience with standard nucleic acid based molecular techniques and assays.
* Organizational, time management skills, and the ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
* Ability to work effectively both independently and with other team members.
* Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
* Strong work ethic with a passion to learn and work in a fast-paced, dynamic and diverse work environment.
* Ability to troubleshoot and think critically, with careful attention to detail.
* Ability to work occasional days on weekends and holidays if/as required
* Familiarity with Good Documentation Practices and working within Quality Systems
* Experience using molecular cloning software
* Experience running Southern blots
* Radiation safety certification
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, plus national holidays including year-end shut down
* 401(k) match and annual company contribution
* Company paid life insurance
* Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
* Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
* Referral bonus program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Posted about 14 hours ago
Posted about 14 hours ago
Union City, Georgia
Posted about 14 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!