General Summary:Coordinates implementation, both internally and externally, of sponsored clinical research studies.Initiates and maintains contact with study participants. Responsible for screening applicants, ensuring they meet appropriate criteria and makes independent judgment as to the suitability of their participation. May be required to perform clinical tests such as phlebotomy, EKGs, etc.Working in concert with PI, develops and implements patient recruitment strategies.Develops, organizes and maintains study databases. Responsible for data validation and quality control.In conjunction with PIs, develops and implements new research protocols including design, data collection systems and institutional review board approval.Recommends changes to research protocols.Performs literature searches, as appropriate.Assists PI with preparation for presentation of presentations and manuscripts.Responsible for training and orienting new staff. May serve as a team leader or in a supervisory capacity in a smaller area.All other duties as assigned.Qualifications Qualifications:
Working very independently and under very general supervision from a Principal Investigator, provides support to clinical research studies. May be responsible for the following activities: judge of suitability of potential participants for clinical trials, develop and implement patient recruitment strategies, recommend changes to protocols, oversee work of more junior staff and assist with submission of IRB applications and amendments.
- BS or BA.
- 3-5 years of directly related, progressively more responsible, experience.
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills required for working with study participants.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills and the ability to resolve technical or research problems and issues, and to interpret the acceptability of data results.
- Knowledge of clinical research protocols.
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect for subjects rights and individual needs.
- Knowledge of data management programs.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.