The Senior Project Manager manages all aspects of a project from start to finish so that it is completed on time and within budget. The Senior Project Manager's work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Location: work at home anywhere
The Clinical Strategy & Quality team within the Clinical and Pharmacy Solutions (CPS) segment leads the development, testing, and performance tracking of our enterprise clinical and quality strategy. This position will work with leaders and programs across CPS and Corporate and Business Segments to identify, prioritize, align, and execute on strategic clinical and quality initiatives designed to have a high impact on clinical and quality outcomes for our members.
The Senior Project Manager is a self-starter, team player and collaborator who builds trust.The candidate will work in an environment with moderate process change and must be adaptable in order to work with different personalities, project topics, and ways of working.The candidate must understand how to define the scope of a project, develop an approach and project plan, facilitate meetings, secure resources, and coordinate the activities of a team of people to achieve important business objectives within established timeframes. As a business partner in the development of new clinical and quality strategies and initiatives, the project manager is responsible for managing all phases of the project cycle which includes initiation (scope management), planning (activity definition and scheduling, resource planning, budgeting, and risk management) execution (stakeholder, team, and milestones/tasks management), control (scope verification and change control, cost and quality, and risk monitoring), and closing (closeout, issue resolution, lessons learned, and final project documentation).
- Apply internal processes and enforce project standards - define project plan and milestone mapping: initiating, planning, implementing, and completing the project. Project Standards can include: Intake, Charter, RACI Model/Roles and Responsibilities, Governance Structure, Project Plan, Risk/Issues Tracking, etc.
- Facilitates regular status and team meetings with program directors, project teams, and steering committees to understand ongoing challenges, process gaps, analytics, and leadership requirements
- Manages project and program interdependencies and potential roadblocks, establishes clear resolution paths and escalates situations as necessary
- Superior communication and design/visualization skills for presentations and communications (written and oral) - thorough review of expectations/deliverables prepared by the team
- Be an active and strategic member of each team - obtain additional knowledge by asking questions, exploring different options, being creative, detail-oriented, and flexible
- Collaborates closely with the program directors to fill in for the director as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Travel to Louisville or Washington, D.C. area once travel restrictions are lifted as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of end-to-end project or product management experience
- Experience managing medium to large complex scale projects in a fast paced environment
- Experience organizing and maintaining myriad project timelines and deliverables
- Experience working in and collaborating across multi-disciplinary teams (e.g., teams consisting of clinicians, data scientists, operators, etc.)
- Experience facilitate meetings with multiple participants of varying levels capturing all relevant information
- Comfortable working on new projects with limited knowledge/expertise of the content; flexible and a quick study
- Strong presentation and development skills; can communicate effectively with project stakeholders up to senior level leadership
- Advanced MS Office experience (Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- PMP Certification
- Experience in both traditional and agile methodologies
- Familiarity with Microsoft Project or other project management tools including agile programs
- Experience with managing clinical, healthcare, and/or strategy-based projects
- Healthcare and/or clinical background (programs, stakeholders, business segmentation)
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives-including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you're ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.Scheduled Weekly Hours
This job has expired.