This position of Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the planned activities between the CLPA Program (Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act) and BES Programs in integrated projects, to deliver major Capital Expenditure Projects for the NYSEG and RG&E companies located in New York, this Senior Project Manager will be in charge to develop and lead teams of Project Managers, Schedulers, Budget Analysts, and support staff. Lead integration of best practices across the companies in accordance with Avangrid's standard practices. Ensure project resources have the correct toolsets and processes in place and that all relevant staff is trained and equipped to successfully deliver their work. Position is responsible for the delivery of business and regulatory requirements within the Project Management Organization.
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or Business management required.
• 6-8 years relevant experience in project management field required.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification required or must be obtained within 1.5 years of entry to the position.
• Demonstrated experience in leading large teams.
• Experience leading implementation of complex initiatives/projects.
• Demonstrated understanding of utility operations, stakeholders, and customer interaction.
• Direct experience in business case development and benefits capture.
• Demonstrated experience in the execution of strategic objectives.
• Proven track record of achieving results in high pressure and high-profile assignments.
• Energizing leader that possesses strong interpersonal communication and facilitation skills, be detail-oriented, thorough, and results-focused.
• Self-starter able to work well in new and undefined environments.
• Strong skills in following up and following through with action items and dependencies.
• Adept at putting together business cases to support project and program objectives.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentation skills.
• Possess the ability to work across organizational lines within the company and influence key internal executives and line managers.
• Must be able to support and drive implementation of the agreed- upon strategies.
• Flexible and willing to step up to take on tasks beyond a job description as required.
• Lead the development of organizational metrics and reporting frameworks.
• Drive a practice of continuous improvement - using data to drive constant improvement efficiency.
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago