Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10 practices: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Resilience, Construction Engineering, Protective Design and Security, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on everything from landmark buildings to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the high performing, while balancing multiple objectives, including form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. TALENT is at the core of our business.
Our Façade Engineering practice provides consulting services to architects, building owners and developers. Our suite of specialty analyses helps solve complex design challenges, improves constructability, maximizes energy efficiency and increases security. We offer a range of services for the full building life cycle with the goal of helping clients execute ambitious architectural vision. Our consulting services include materials research, specialty analyses, detailed design, engineering and construction support, and glass and façade failure investigations. In the technology-driven cladding industry, innovation comes with the territory. Nearly two-thirds of the facades we design and engineer are based on customized systems that involved unique combinations of materials.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer to join our Façade Practice. This individual will be responsible for the detailing of facades and running relevant analyses, materials and systems research, and coordinating project work with the team. Must be conscientious and creative, detail-oriented and professional with attentiveness to client communications.
• Analyzes façade performance with specialized software (i.e. loading, thermal analysis, condensation risk, geometry).
• Researches materials and systems to determine specific project suitability.
• Interprets building codes and project/design/construction specifications.
• Prepares façade detailing in 2D and 3D format for client communication.
• Assists in construction administration, responding to RFIs and organizes submittal logs.
• Attends construction meetings, performs site inspections, and prepares field reports for client.
• Interacts with team members and clients regarding project information.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture. Master's degree preferred.
• Professional Engineer and/or SE License.
• Must have façade experience for large-scale projects.
• Ability and willingness to travel within the US and internationally.
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
(US Locations Only) In our culture of collaboration and innovation, we find we do our best work when we are together while minimizing the risks of COVID-19. For new hires at Thornton Tomasetti, we require COVID-19 vaccination to the extent allowed by access and permitted by government jurisdiction in your area and barring any religious or medically approved exemption.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted 32 minutes ago
Comstock Park, Michigan
Posted 32 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!