What you'll do...
Note: This role sits onsite in Bentonville Arkansas at Walmart Corporate with a extensive relocation package.
Senior Manager II - External Financial Reporting
ABOUT THE POSITION
- The Senior Manager II - External Financial Reporting reports to the Director of Financial Reporting and works very closely with a team of 5-6 associates in supporting our external SEC filings. This is a tight-knit team that works together in achieving our goals. We work with other teams within the Global Controllership, including Consolidations, Technical and others, as well as Investor Relations, Legal, Tax, Treasury and Segment Accounting and Finance teams. This role has high visibility to executive leadership and tons of growth potential!
- Highly visible role, which includes working closely with the Chief Accounting Officer and other executives
- Gain perspective on how the CEO and CFO view the business
- Get to see the business from a bird's-eye view
- Tight deadlines
- High visibility
- Ensuring our filings are in accordance with all GAAP/SEC requirements
- Influencing cross-functionally with Investor Relations, Legal and others
- Supervision and development of other associates on the team
You'll sweep us off our feet if…
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
- CPA with at least 6 years progressively responsible experience, including 4+ years in public accounting with a large firm
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations
- Ability to work in face-paced environment and manage well through tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Must be extremely detail oriented, accurate and inquisitive
- Experience using Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal
- Must be a team player
- Proficient in Wdesk (Workiva) or similar for reporting 10-Qs, 10-K and 8-Ks
- Working knowledge of XBRL
- Working knowledge of ERP and consolidation systems
- You have demonstrated experience working and collaborating cross-functionally and multi-nationally
- You are a proven self-starter
- You're a storyteller - a master at making complex subjects easily understood through compelling stories and visuals
- You have high standards and can hold business partners accountable
- You're stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
You'll make an impact by:
- Complete and timely filing of SEC filings, including 10-Qs, 10-Ks, and 8-Ks in accordance with SEC and US GAAP guidance as required
- Review and distribute internal monthly financials for executive management
- Review disclosure checklists supporting 10-Q and 10-K
- Review XBRL tagging of information filed with the SEC
- Ensure compliance with non-GAAP measures in earnings materials
- Create and maintain calendars/checklists to inform parties of necessary responsibilities and deadlines related to 10-Q/10-K filings, including all certifications and representations
- Support worldwide external audit and quarterly filing process through analysis and compilation of data on a quarterly and annual basis
- Communicate disclosure requirements to global controllership, including coordinating data requests
- Partner with legal counsel and investor relations to ensure accuracy and completeness of external communications
- Support SOX compliance process
- Review weighted average shares calculation for EPS and maintain/calculate EPS adjustments
- Provide interpretation and governance of financial reporting disclosure policies
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 4 years' experience in finance, accounting, or related area OR 6 years' experience in finance, accounting, or related area. 1 year's supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Working on cross-functional teams or projects
Masters: Business Administration
Financial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
This job has expired.