A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Advancing safety of the world's medicines is our mission and as the field of biological medicine continues to evolve, we too must adapt our Testing Services to enable our customers to get life changing medicines to patients quickly & safely. The Development Services function is responsible for ensuring the scientific integrity & regulatory compliance of the Services we provide; adapting our Service capabilities to meet industry needs; and evaluating technological advancements to seed a pipeline of future Services
As the Senior Manager, Biosafety within our Development Services department you will provide direct line management to a highly skilled scientific team providing expertise across multiple scientific disciplines to drive new service introduction. You will create and maintain focus, enthusiasm and momentum amongst the team, while ensuring all work is executed in adherence to accepted industry, quality & regulatory standards and practices. You will be responsible for:
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Successful day to day operation of designated laboratories and the implementation of strategic objectives and goals to drive business growth.
- Supporting technical planning of the business as part of the R&D management team, working with clients and internal cross-functional teams to lead the commercialization of new services.
- Leading, coaching, developing and empowering direct reports.
- Provide excellent technical and regulatory knowledge and advice relating to biological safety or product characterization.
- Represent the department during internal and external audits, client meetings, business meetings & industry forums.
- Act as the direct point of contact for client focused discussions relating to custom test strategies and enabling business growth through delivery of custom services.
- Resourcing and capacity planning and providing financial stewardship for capital expenditure budget.
- Supporting short & mid-term R&D strategy planning.
- Establishing a client-oriented culture within the team.
- Master's degree in Biological Sciences, Chemistry or related subject.
- 10+ years' experience working in industry roles or combined with innovative post-graduate research.
- Must have experience working in a regulated environment.
- Knowledge of method development and validation requirements to support drug product safety & characterization.
- Knowledge of biological drug product manufacturing and QC testing strategies.
- Ability to travel locally and globally (travel expected to be less than 10%).
What we offer:
- Ph.D in Biological Sciences, Chemistry or related subject.
- Proven track record of delivering projects to deadlines.
- Lateral people management experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 212274
Career Level: E - Professional (10+ years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.