There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Does the idea of cultivating strategic relationships and partnerships in the context of leading Open Source projects excite you? In this organization, you will get to develop and lead a team where you manage staffing, communication, training and development of open source developers and committers. You will promote and brief with IT leaders at all levels with regards to IT governance, messaging, policies and procedures and serve your vision.
You are driven to be an authority on open source platforms and technologies while guiding your team through leading industry practices.
Additional Job DescriptionRequired Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- You have provided leadership of 10+ experienced platform engineers. Providing technical direction, mentoring, guidance, and career growth support.
- Work with the appropriate open source communities for support and enhancement of the core technologies
- Managing the full life cycle of the platform dev/ops activities using CI/CD technologies: opensource code development, testing and deployment to distributed environments.
- Deliver in scope projects on time with high quality leveraging agile methodology.
- 10+ years of industry experience in large global companies
- 5+ years experience in an engineering management role
- Proven track records of strong hands-on technical leadership with experience building big data applications and platforms from conception to production
- The ability to take an abstract data challenge, drive clarity of requirements and line up a strategy to deliver results that delight the customers
- Broad understanding of Big Data ecosystem, including data lifecycle, data pipelines, data analytics and Machine Learning with a particular focus on high volume real-time data (hundreds of billions of messages per day)
- Expertise in building and operating high scale systems with a focus on reliability, scalability and solving business needs.
- Experience leading software engineering teams using an agile delivery model. Knowledge of open source software development, site reliability engineering, and DevOps is also important.
- B.S. in Computer Science related fields or equivalent
- Hands on experience with Big Data streaming and analytics technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Pulsar, Akka, Nifi etc.
- Prior experience in working with Kubernetes and containers technologies is also strongly preferred.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.