As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/ Overview:
The Population Health Management (PHM) department at Mass General Brigham aims to deliver healthcare for all by translating the evolving needs of the healthcare landscape into innovative solutions to better serve individuals, communities, and organizations.
In the healthcare industry, we are in a time like no other. Experts estimate that healthcare will evolve more in the next few years than it has in the last 50 years. We have seen governments, employers, and families struggle in the face of rising healthcare costs and a fragmented healthcare system. Patients and communities need more convenient, more affordable, and higher quality care.
We are building a team that can reimagine healthcare and design care models that meet the needs of the people we serve. We are bringing a fresh perspective and a unique approach to create impact for the greater good. By bringing together people from various disciplines and ideas from different industries, we're seeking to address the complex challenges within our healthcare system and leaning forward into a new era of healthcare.
The PHM finance team supports PHM leadership in financial modeling and assessment for services, budget analysis and financial reporting. The team manages multiple budgets including PHM Funded, Value Based Care, Medicaid ACO, and new initiatives. A key component of the teams' success is understanding the services and supporting PHM and RSO leadership in the financial funding and expense reconciliation.
The Sr. Financial Analyst is an integral member of PHM's financial team, assisting in developing financial reports, analyzing monthly financial activity, and supporting Service Leaders in financial related projects. This position will also develop and utilize financial models to assess financial impact of current and potential future services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Indicate key areas of responsibility, major job duties, special projects, and key objectives for this position. These items should be evaluated throughout the year and included in the written annual evaluation.
• Assist in the annual budget process with PHM budget owners and leadership to develop yearly budgets for expenses and FTEs by cost center
• Enter annual budgets in Hyperion, coordinate all alignments and updates with the MGB Budget office and validate all data entered in Hyperion
• Assist PHM Service Leaders in interpreting monthly financial data and answer financial related questions
• Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of PHM Value-Based Care services
• Participate in Mass General Brigham monthly close meetings
• Produce, analyze, and distribute monthly financial reports for PHM cost centers
• Lead quarterly financial meetings with PHM service owners focused on expense variances
• Work with PHM service owners to forecast year-end projections and determine variances
• Work independently on internal inquiries and ad hoc projects as necessary
Process Improvement and Customer Relations
• Contribute to the development and enhancement of reporting
• Design potential process improvements and analyses to support streamlining financial procedures, reporting requirements, and budget processing.
• Develop effective relations within PHM, MGB Budget Office and financial liaisons across the MGB entities
Financial Analysis and Modeling
• Develop and expand existing excel models for assessing the financial impact of proposed and on-going PHM services
• Develop in conjunction with PHM leadership scenario modeling using claims-based, clinical, and financial data and acquiring data in cooperation with service team leaders and support staff
• Utilize the customized multi-year budget forecasting model to assist in budget builds for services and entities funded by PHM
• Provide comprehensive financial analysis and projections for actual and budgeted expenditures
• Perform trend analysis by account type expenses on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis
• Work independently on ad hoc projects as necessary and other duties as assigned
Use Mass General Brigham healthcare values to govern decisions, actions, and behaviors
• These values govern how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
• Bachelor's degree required in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline
• Minimum of 3+ years' experience in budgeting, financial modeling, or cost accounting
• Proficient with MS Office Suite with advanced skills in Excel
• Experience in a healthcare setting
• Financial modeling experience is strongly preferred
• A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
Skills for Success
• Superior analytic and problem-solving skills with a high value in data integrity and analytic accuracy
• Ability to conduct detailed analysis as well as distill relevant findings for presentation to a high-level audience
• Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple project requests simultaneously
• Uses logic and a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgement to make sound decisions when faced with problems/barriers to moving projects forward
• Approach to work that balances big picture with an appropriate level of analytical detail to create impactful deliverables
• Demonstrated analytic, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• An inclusive individual who thrives in a highly matrixed, collaborative, team-oriented environment
• Respect the talent and unique contribution of every individual, culture and ethnic group and treat all people in a fair and equitable manner
• A natural curiosity and energetic, creative, and collaborative approach to working and problem solving
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills. Ability to get work done through others, even if there is no direct reporting relationship
• Ability to successfully collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds, and levels within and external to the organization
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
Self-Managing and Self-Aware
• Flexible and adaptable within a complex, multi-site environment with changing requirements
• Ability to prioritize and resolve critical issues efficiently and effectively with appropriate supervision.
• Is honest, authentic, and straightforward when working with others
• Solid team player but also an independent thinker
• Ability to handle stressful situations in calm and professional manner
• Take-charge ability and excellent judgment in determining and leveraging resources.
• High degree of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality
Commitment to Quality
• Strong time management and organizational skills, with an attention to detail, ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and projects, meet deadlines, and manage to schedule.
• Accountable for delivering high quality work. Act with a clear sense of ownership
• Strong proactive customer service skills
• No direct reports
• No direct budgetary responsibility
• Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Mass General Brigham resources
• A hybrid work model, with 2 days per month on-site; professional office setting located in Assembly Row, Somerville, MA.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Posted 24 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!