The Senior Financial Analyst is focused on salaries and wages and will work closely with hospital management, local finance staff, and corporate finance staff on ongoing analysis and annual planning of Salary expense and FTE/headcount for the hospital. This role also provides in-depth analysis of the operating budget, operating performance, as well as special projects and strategic initiatives for assigned areas.
- Responsible for ongoing analysis and annual planning of Salary expense for the hospital, including:
- Advanced analytics, including tracking, trends and correlation with patient volume and other operational drivers
- Presentation of analysis at monthly meetings to members of Senior MGB Management
- Development and modeling of detailed salary budgets
- Also responsible for coordinating Benefits budget with HR Finance
- Supports development of annual operating budget and ongoing analytics for assigned departments.
- Analyzes proposed operating budget requests, including new initiatives
- Makes recommendations to management regarding proposed spending levels and possible cost reduction opportunities
- Investigates drivers of growth on a variety of metrics
- Ensures compliance with established hospital budget targets
- Evaluates and analyzes effect of patient volume on assigned departments' operations, expenses and revenue
- Works with product-line analysts, MGB HR, Revenue, Accounting, Budget, and other MGB finance staff to understand and evaluate financial performance and major financial issues facing the organization
- For areas of responsibility, uses PeopleSoft, Hyperion (HFR, Smartview, Planning), Vision, Tableau and other systems to monitor and evaluate financial and operating performance
- Prepares monthly variance analysis, including causes of major variances
- Designs and maintains accurate records and databases
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information
- Assists with other management and budget assignments as required.
As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.Qualifications Qualifications:
- A Bachelors degree, Masters degree with health care focus, or in Public Health preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a Finance, Healthcare Finance or Budget setting
- Prior health care experience/education preferred
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, self starter.
- Must be extremely well organized and have solid time management skills in order to handle multiple tasks simultaneously under sometimes tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong customer service orientation and problem resolution
- Resourceful and able to take initiative; take-charge ability, including knowledge of resources to answer questions and find required data and information
- Problem solving skills and an interest in improving processes
- Ability to translate data into meaningful information including into charts/graphs through tools like tableau, excel, etc.
- Inquisitive and interested in hospital operations
- Project oversight experience preferred
- Flexible, team player
- Exceptional research and organizational skills.
- Exceptional judgment and discretion on sensitive fiscal and confidential issues.
- Knowledge of basic budgetary or accounting principles and practices as applicable to health care.
- Strong Hyperion Financial Reporting and SmartView skills preferred
- Advanced computer skills, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Tableau
Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.