Overview / Responsibilities
Wood's Albuquerque office has an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Environmental Engineer to support our growing New Mexico Operation. Our ideal candidate has experience to support business development and management of clients and projects with a diverse range of needs including characterization, feasibility studies, remedial design and action, and monitoring of soil and groundwater contamination; citing, design, and permitting of solid and hazardous waste disposal facilities; and wastewater treatment permitting, planning, design, and implementation.
Our office is a leading engineering consulting business in New Mexico, providing multi-disciplinary solutions covering all aspects of environmental consulting services, geotechnical engineering, infrastructure design and management, construction services, materials testing/engineering and water supply and resources services. Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
The position will involve all facets of both civil engineering and environmental remediation and involve business development, project management, mentoring junior staff and coordination and implementation of project work associated with environmental engineering projects in the industrial/commercial, government, mining, and energy sectors. We offer the opportunity to work with a large and diverse team of engineers and scientists to address complex environmental challenges executing the following roles/responsibilities:
- Prepare engineering evaluations and feasibility studies, design and other remedies, and develop conceptual site models.
- Prepare project planning and reporting documents including work plans, sampling and analysis plans, quality control and quality assurance plans, permit applications, and reporting (e.g., construction completion report).
- Analyze and interpret environmental data and prepare related reports.
- Prepare/support development of environmental permit applications for site development projects and remediation work.
- Develop and review plans, specifications and special provisions for environmental engineering projects.
- Develop cost estimates for support of feasibility studies and contractor acquisition.
- Prepare scopes of work and assist in subcontractor procurement.
- Develop/support proposals.
- Oversee remedial action implementation and provide construction management support including review of contractor submittals, response to RFIs, and quality assurance plan.
- Direct/supervise technical assignments (both field and office) and manage projects/tasks.
- Perform business development and marketing activities.
- Mentor junior and mid-level staff to develop technical and managerial capabilities and skills.
- Provide technical resources for the Albuquerque Environmental Service Line and Mountain Region.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS Degree in Chemical, Environmental, or Civil Engineering. Master's Degree preferred.
- PE (New Mexico) required.
- 15+ years' experience in environmental consulting and design or construction experience with a focus on civil engineering applications.
- Strong background providing environmental consulting services to clients in the industrial/commercial, mining, energy and government sectors.
- Experience working with the New Mexico Environment Department.
- Strong business development skills with ability to consistently develop clients and project work.
- Demonstrated expertise in the area of environmental regulations, with an emphasis on multimedia (air, water, and waste) environmental management regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with characterization and remediation under NMED and OCD regulations, as well as federal laws including RCRA,CERCLA, TSCA, CWA; and CAA.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully as a team leader and promote team objectives.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with the use of standard software packages including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong technical skills in design and analysis software/applications (e.g., AutoCAD Civil 3D, HydroCAD, Autodesk, reactive-transport models).
- Strong communication and technical writing skills are necessary.
- Training including 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and MSHA a plus
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.