Join a global professional services leader! We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD is hiring! We're currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Midwest Engineering Design team. In this role, you will collaborate with and provide mentorship to our team of Electrical Engineers and Designers on a variety of electrical power generation, distribution and utilization systems required for waterworks, industrial, and environmental projects. This position can be based in one of the following office locations: Detroit, MI | Cincinnati, OH | Chicago, IL
Specific responsibilities will include:
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Design, review and seal electrical design packages
- Prepare and check design computations for projects
- Organization of electrical construction documents (design, not CAD production)
- Preparation of electrical equipment procurement specifications
- Perform site surveys to ascertain existing conditions
- Construction phase engineering services such as shop drawing reviews, answers to requests for information, O&M manual reviews and startup/testing
- Develop and improve internal and external client relationships through personal contact, effective communication and timely delivery of services
- Present recommendations to clients during workshops
- Assist in proposal preparation including scope development and preparation of engineering estimates
- Supervise, mentor and develop junior electrical staff
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license, preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing the following:
- Motors and motor controls
- Power distribution equipment
- Low and medium voltage switchboards and switchgear
- Electrical power generating equipment and systems
- Development of elementary and schematic diagrams
- Indoor/outdoor lighting systems
- Understanding of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems
- Familiarity of P&IDs
- Solid understanding of NFPA70 (NEC) and other electrical industry codes, standards and recommended practices will be beneficial but not required
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
More about Life and Work @GHD
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Our Commitment to you
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
GHD Expertise and Service Lines
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with GHD's US vaccination policy and any applicable government regulations related to COVID-19. Individuals hired for GHD positions that require in-person interactions with GHD Clients, or in-person visits to, or work at, GHD Clients sites, must comply with Client imposed requirements, including, in some instances, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. GHD complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.