Galderma, the world's largest independent global dermatology company, was created in 1981 and is now present in over 100 countries with an extensive product portfolio of prescription medicines, aesthetics solutions and consumer care products. The company partners with health care practitioners around the world to meet the skin health needs of people throughout their lifetime. Galderma is a leader in research and development of scientifically-defined and medically-proven solutions for the skin. For more information, please visit www.galderma.com
Reporting to the Head of BD of Ax, the Ax BD Senior Director will be responsible for driving and executing the Ax GBU's inorganic growth strategy aligned with the broader corporate objective of expanding Galderma's global leadership in Ax dermatology.
Working in close partnership with the Head of the Ax GBU, s/he will take the lead on all search, evaluation, due diligence and deal execution activities across all deal types (M&A, co-development/co-promotion, licensing, etc.) and across at all stages of development (from pre-clinical through commercial) with the ultimate end goal of broadening and strengthening the company's portfolio of aesthetic products.
Your main tasks:
- Run a disciplined S&E process with a clear agenda and clear go/no go criteria to ensure that all opportunities are reviewed with consistency and appropriate rigor
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize potential deals by size, strategic fit and business opportunity
- Maintain the Ax Deal Tracker and be on top of all deals in the funnel
- Lead all due diligence activities supporting Ax BD transactions to access development stage and commercial assets in the developed world and in emerging markets
- Frame issues and options clearly to ensure the due diligence teams are working on answering the right questions. This will require leadership of all facets of the technical and commercial due diligence
- Co-ordinate all aspects of the business case development, working closely with owners of each assumption in the deal model to ensure that assumptions are appropriately challenged and well validated by the relevant functional experts
- Identify and articulate to Galderma leadership key deal issues, risks and critical assumptions underpinning the business case
- Interface with Galderma leadership and key stakeholders across the company to ensure internal alignment of the proposed deal
- Recommend/develop proposed deal structure and terms for transaction, utilizing an in-depth knowledge of industry deal making trends
- Understand our partner's interests to ensure that transactions are structured so that the parties' interests are aligned as much as possible
- Provide active input and collaborate with Corp Dev Legal in drafting and revising term sheet and contracts, ensuring value alignment with due diligence findings
- Solve complex problems during negotiations and apply judgment in all aspects of the role. This will require both business and financial acumen, as well as a deep understanding of the needs and risks inherent in drug development
- Minimum of 10-12 years of relevant work experience (in management consulting, investment banking, legal, and/or corporate experience in a relevant function); with at least of 5 of those years within Pharma/Biotech in a transaction capacity exemplified by the execution of business development transactions with a meaningful number of closed deals (deal sheet required)
- University degree (preferably in biomedical sciences):
- BA/BS - 12 or more years of relevant experience
- MBA/Masters - 10 or more years of relevant experience
- JD - 10 or more years of transaction specific experience and industry knowledge
- Strong understanding of the drug development, approval, and commercialization process in the aesthetic field
- Experience in aesthetic dermatology preferred
- Knowledge of early and late-stage transactions and at least a high-level understanding of the science and technologies involved
- Subject matter expert in the business development process, trained in running deal processes in a highly structured and organized manner
- Strong grasp of finance, accounting, and valuation key concepts & methodologies such as NPV, IRR, DCF, etc.
- Ability to dive into a valuation model and understand the key value drivers, risks, and opportunities (strong forecasting and financial modelling capability a plus)
- Strategic mindset with proven ability to quickly synthetize complex (and sometimes contradictory) data to arrive at a comprehensive understanding of the situation in order to be able to clearly frame the issues at hand for the wider project team
- Capability and courage to drive decisions forward in a data-driven manner
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and quick to adapt to changing conditions
- Track record of delivering under a sustained high-pressure environment and in ambiguous situation with limited information
- Experience in leading cross functional teams within a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to structure and to steer complex processes and to align with multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- High EQ & well-honed
soft skills" to inspire, motivate and mobilize large cross-functional teams toward a common end-goal; ensuring timely delivery of project commitments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; expert at being able to deliver a complex message in a succinct and insightful manner
- Expert user of PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint
"},Other Important Information
The work environment characteristics and physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee may or may not be frequently/or occasionally required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- Climb stairs or ride elevators.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Manipulate keyboard or otherwise access computer, telephone and hand-held devices.
- Be exposed to outside weather conditions while going in and out of office buildings.
- Be exposed to moderate noise level usually in warehouse settings.
- Be exposed to moving equipment, mechanical parts, and/or high places; or moving between air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned environments.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This job has expired.