The role of Head of Computational Drug Design has a high-level responsibility to drive a "predict-first" culture, where computational predictions drive experimental execution in chemistry, biology and protein sciences, ultimately initiating selection of the best molecules to treat transformative diseases and the understanding of its biological interactions. Reporting to the Head of Data and Computational Sciences, the newly created Head of Computational Drug Design role will lead a global team leveraging computational molecular design and predictive modeling.
In addition to providing scientific and technical leadership you will provide thought leadership to deliver and maintain a world class, global drug design team that drives innovation and leads scientists to rapidly generate testable hypotheses to identify and advance safe and efficacious molecules with fewer and shorter cycle times.
- Establish vision, strategy and product roadmap for the drug design function aligned with Vertex's vision and aspirations
- Deliver scientific leadership and impact, building on current efforts within Vertex and partner throughout our Research, Preclinical and Pharmaceutical Sciences (RPPS) organization to fully leverage our data and technologies.
- Organizational leadership to support a culture that is readily able to identify credible opportunities for new areas of research collaborations, technologies and innovation, which includes educating the organization on the concepts of predictive modelling and artificial intelligence and their strategic potential.
- Inspire and drive a culture of excellence and innovation in modelling and informatics that will attract talent and grow expertise to lead the industry in key areas of modeling capabilities that enable pipeline success.
- Champion/drive a "predict-first" culture by maximizing use of predictive technology to drive experiments.
- Creatively communicate technical and non-technical aspects of drug design to audiences at all levels.
- PhD degree or equivalent in a STEM discipline or other relevant field and 12+yrs of relevant experience
- Recognized subject matter expert in Computational Drug Design
- Ability to inspire and improve the performance of a global department
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, communications and negotiation skills for a wide variety of audiences, including senior management.
- Exploit the power of predictive modelling.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required
- Demonstrated high learning agility and flexible thinking.
- Ability to manage and deliver execution across multiple disciplines and cultures.
- Problem solver, innovative, creative with operational delivery solutions.
- Ability to coach and mentor team members.
This job has expired.