Who are we?
The Toro Company is a homegrown, Minnesota-based company that has been in business since 1914. We pride ourselves on providing world class equipment to help maintain the environment that we love, while putting an emphasis on giving back to the communities that surround us. From residential lawns and gardens, to venues such as St. Andrews Links and Target Field, we are a company with a global footprint and a passion for helping people beautify whatever landscape they may be in. With 100 years of operation under our belt and an average employee tenure of 15 years,come find out what makes The Toro Company the best place in the Twin Cities to build a career.
As the Senior Designer you will develop engineering designs, or portions of a design, for new or revised product. Meet established customer requirements and schedules. Assists in the execution of all documentation, release, production and service follow-up of assigned new or revised products.
What will you do?
1. Create designs and design layouts for new product concepts, new products or improvements to existing products.
2. Ensures engineering design for new products and improved products meet market, safety, quality, performance, reliability, durability requirements of the customer.
3. Prepare design layouts and coordinate designs with others assigned to the project to ensure integration of the design.
4. Responsible for basic design calculations such as gear pulley ratios, MPH, rpm's, and weight distribution.
5. Secure assistance of consultants or internal specialists i.e. CAE analysis support engineers, manufacturing engineers, and/or vendor experts.
6. Use the best technology available in each and every area of design. Conduct team design reviews, safety reviews and cost and manufacturing reviews.
7. Assures that all parts designed can be manufactured.
8. Maintains accurate lists of parts created. Coordinates or helps to coordinate the release of parts for production whether for prototypes or final production.
9. Works with design engineers, manufacturing engineers, test engineers and others to determine changes which are needed to meet customer requirements. Solves design problems. Coordinates the required documentation to assure that the changes are implemented on a timely basis.
10. CAD utilized as necessary to do project related work.
11. Keeps supervisor informed of project status and issues that may require assistance.
12. Related duties:
- Assists manufacturing/assembly during prototype, pilot, and production.
- Performs follow-up on engineering.
- Prepares prototypes to assure needs are met for sales, marketing, manuals, packaging, service, manufacturing and QC reference.
- Documents potential patentable ideas.
- Keeps informed of new design, manufacturing and materials developments.
13. Performs miscellaneous duties as may be requestedWhat do you need?
Other Job-Related Components:
- Graduate of an accredited technical school for design and drafting (two-year course) or Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university or college in an engineering related technology (ex. Automotive, Manufacturing, Design, Electrical, Mechanical.)
- 4-7 years of experience (five years if candidate has B.S. in Engineering) in the mechanical drafting field.
- Ability to transfer software development skills and knowledge from past experience to new situations.
- Has acted as a technical lead, influencing direction on a major project.
- Technical ability in math and mechanics preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to independently accomplish duties and responsibilities as listed.
What Can We Give You?
- 10% Travel to test sites, vendors, manufacturing facilities, customers and others, as required.
At The Toro Company, we are always working to make sure our employees know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, an affordable and top tier medical/dental/vision plan, 401k, and many other great benefits -The Toro company offers employees at our Bloomington, MN HQlocation a variety of perks, including:
- Dress for your day - We know you're more productive when you're comfortable, which is why TTC employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, corporate environment.
- Location - Conveniently located near both St. Paul and Minneapolis, we are centrally located for most commuters!
- Food - Take advantage of our onsite café, which serves both breakfast and lunch. With a Caribou Coffee attached, you can grab a snack and a coffee at any time during your day.
- Wellness - The Toro Company's HQ offers complimentary use of our onsite fitness facility to employees. In addition to physical wellbeing, TTC offers a variety of mental health and financial health resources to all employees.
- Volunteerism - The Toro Company is proud to provide employees 20 hours of paid time to volunteer in the community.
- Summer Hours - Enjoy a flexible schedule during the summer! By working a little more during the first few days of the week, TTC employees at our Bloomington HQ are able to start their weekends early and leave by noon on Friday.
- Flexible Work Arrangements - This team is currently implementing a hybrid work schedule. The opportunity to collaborate in the office and work from home part-time, has promoted team-building and flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
- Competitive Salary - The pay range takes into account skills, experience, education, and location. It is not common to be hired at or near the top of the range; compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job has expired.