• Solve some of the most challenging problems in natural language processing, machine learning, and information retrieval including topical classification, legal sentiment analysis, user intent detection, open Q&A.
• Research, build, and deploy models based on both shallow and deep machine learning. Train robust NLP-based models a very large corpus of legal, regulatory, and news data.
• Apply machine learning techniques for improving search algorithms.
• Drive best practices for NLP/Machine Learning pipelines.
• Maintain current knowledge base of state-of-the-art ML algorithms (BERT, ELMo, GPT, etc.), API's, and open-source methods and be able to quickly evaluate alternatives.
• Translate complex business requirements into actionable stories with reasonable time estimates.
• Participate in model reviews with key stakeholders, including stakeholders with limited statistical backgrounds from among that set.
• Work with product leaders to apply data science solutions.
• Participate in knowledge sharing sessions (e.g. Guilds and Chapters).
DATA SCIENCE AND NLP SKILLS
• In-depth understanding of machine learning techniques such as classification, clustering, recommendation systems, and statistical models.
• 5+ years' experience using Machine Learning and associated packages like scikit-learn, pandas, Numpy.
• Proficiency training large scale models in at least one modern deep learning engine such as Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch/Torch, MXNet, Caffe/Caffe2
• 3+ years' experience using NLP tools and methods such as OpenNLP, Stanford NLP, LDA, Gensim, spaCy
• 5+ years recent coding experience using Python AND/OR (Java OR Scala)
• SQL programming experience
• 2-3 years' experience with a major cloud system (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Familiarity with Cloud-based Machine Learning environments
TEAM AND SOCIAL SKILLS
• Strong collaboration and team skills
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!