Computer World Services, Corporation (CWS) is seeking an exceptional candidate to serve as Senior Business -Intelligence Administrator for The United States Secret Services (USSS), Officer of the Chief Information Officer, Software Solutions Services program responsible for building and maintaining custom application projects, databases and reporting capabilities allowing the agency to complete both its protective and investigative mission. The Software Solutions program builds custom software using the latest technologies from Microsoft, Oracle, Tableau, IBM Cognos, Data Warehouse and ESRI Geographic Information System (GIS).
The candidate will coordinate the administration technical functions for Business Intelligence environment. Facilitate change control, problem management, and communication among data architects, programmers, analysts, and engineers. Establish and enforce processes to ensure a consistent, well managed, and well-integrated business intelligence infrastructure. Provide support for the current USSS Business Intelligence (BI) environment (Tableau, PowerBI, and Cognos) and insert new processes that help transform raw data into meaningful information that can support data driven decision making throughout the organization.
The objectives of the USSS Enterprise Business Intelligence projects are to provide data insight, reporting support, dashboard functionality, high level analytics and overall administration of the platform. The BI Administrator will need to ensure data management remains consistent with the needs of current and future organizational goals.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support analytics that enable optimal decision making and business knowledge to the organization’s user community.
- Support data analysis, predictive analytics, modeling, and intelligent dashboards that present key visualizations
- Provide needed support to power users for all BI tools
- Provide a process of linking improved data quality to the BI Strategy
- Provide technical oversight in delivering BI best practices, data integration, security, and data quality
- Provide administration and management of the BI platform from infrastructure implementation to daily BI administration of the environment
- Operations and Maintenance of BI reports and dashboards with various level of complexity
- Provide the ability to create improvements in data environment that will answer difficult organizational questions that have not been previously possible
- Provide knowledge of BI capabilities and trends to identify opportunities to insert BI solutions
- Must have the skills to be able to present BI solutions with easy-to-understand visualizations and be able to communicate complicated data analytic concepts to various levels of management
- Must have the ability to work with the data integration team to ensure key data metrics are accurate, complete, and reliable to support various BI solutions
- Provide BI administration in the areas: Security, System utilization and performance tuning, Issue troubleshooting
- System utilization and performance monitoring, Plan and test for system patches and upgrades, Report and Dashboard migration throughout all environments
- Provide administrative support including Document system configuration and setup, strategies for alternate drill-down capabilities, partitioning and custom views.
- Provide solutions for advances in data retrieval speed, innovative data analytics and new concepts of data visualizations within dashboards to open new opportunities for data management.
- Provide managerial oversight of the business intelligence software and figure out ways to store, analyze, utilize, and present data.
- Develop data models when appropriate using the appropriate modeling tools.
- Support and assist in data marts and regulations process specifications as required for the various divisions.
- Support and assist in the Quality Assurance of the various BI Reports to ensure data integrity is at the highest level.
- Develop advance BI dashboards utilizing the established BI tools.
- Develop convincing data visualization and information graphics utilizing established data visualization tools.
Education & Experience
- BS preferred from an accredited university (required)
- Minimum of 7+ years of related IT experience (required)
- Experience with administration of BI tools including Tableau, PowerBI, and Cognos
- Substitution Allowances (Additional 3+ years’ experience can be substituted for above degree requirement).
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) or related Tableau, Power BI, or Cognos Certification (preferred)
- Top Secret clearance (Required)
- US Citizen or permanent resident
Other (Travel, Work Environment, Administrative Notes, etc.)
- Limited travel to company office locations and travel outside of the Washington, DC, area is not anticipated; but may be necessary over the life of the contract.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
DoD 8570.01.M: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/857001m.pdf