The Senior Billing Representative is responsible for working directly with the customer branches, as assigned or taking incoming calls from C.H. Robinson contracted carriers and factoring companies. The Senior Billing Representative must be an excellent communicator and provide exceptional customer service. You must be able to use your critical thinking skills in resolving any billing and open payables questions. You will use your systems knowledgeable to be able to navigate through Navisphere (C.H. Robinson's internal system) with ease. The Senior Billing Representative will educate our carriers and C.H. Robinson branch representatives on best practices to ensure timely payment releases. The Senior Billing Representative must work well under pressure and meet deadlines with a specific timeframe.
Our hybrid work model gives you the flexibility and choice so you can create a career that enhances your life. To ensure you have what you need to be successful, we provide an in-person onboarding process. After that, you are all set to work remotely 3-4 days/week.
- Release the payment to the carrier and release the invoice to the customer
- Analyzes data to identify and solve complex problems
- Make quick decisions and sound judgement calls when resolving invoicing or payment issues
- Escalates more complex issues to senior-level team members and/or leadership
- Work within established procedures and adheres to quality guidelines
- Contribute ideas for process improvement based on identified themes and an understanding of the big picture
- Develop professional relationships with internal and external customers
- Continue to develop skills and build billing knowledge and business acumen
- Work as a member of the team and willingly providing back‐up support for peers when needed
- Provide coaching and support to less experienced team members
- Utilize more advanced skills and expertise in a range of processes, procedures, systems to answer the carrier's questions/billing concerns, troubleshoot, and resolve the issue(s)
- Handle multiple incoming phone calls daily and maintain a minimum department service levels
- Responsible for accurately logging calls and data entry
- Leverage systems functionality and established processes to release high volume of vouchers daily and meet established error rate guidelines
- Follow the customer provided standard operating procedures (SOP's)
- Utilize more advanced skills and expertise in a range of processes, procedures, systems to work the uninvoiced and unreleased invoices
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of data entry or call center experience
- Minimum 1 year of strong customer service and communication skills (written and verbal) experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Previous 1 year of experience with the Navisphere system
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, professional attitude and excellent customer service skills with an ability to deal with conflict/sensitive topics
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to use own judgement and make sound decisions
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Takes initiative and approaches work with persistence
- Ability to work in fast-paced, professional, and deadline driven environment
- Effective in multi-tasking and prioritizing their skills and time
- Strong strategic orientation, influence skills and business savvy
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.