The Carlyle Group's Internal Audit (IA) function is a dedicated group of professionals focused on delivering top-quality assurance, risk management, and advisory services to the firm and its Audit Committee. Audit professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a flat, collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. Our vision to provide high value, independent, proactive insights, and to be a top-notch talent destination, creates a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated, intellectually curious Senior Auditor interested in becoming part of our team. As a member of the Audit team, you will be exposed to The Carlyle Group's business segments/functions and global operational processes to provide timely assurance, risk management, and advice. You will evaluate the firm's internal controls, risk management processes, corporate governance, investment lifecycle, middle- and back-office processes, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The Firm is in the midst of some exciting initiatives, providing a great opportunity to join and make an impact.
- Perform risk assessments of global business activities and relevant testing based on the risks and processes associated with the area being audited. Assist in communicating issues, risks and recommendations to all levels of management. Internal Audit projects will include risk assessments, design reviews, operational audits, and advisory engagements on any number of financial, operational, strategic or regulatory areas across the global firm.
- Conduct Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing on select firm areas.
- Operate both independently and collaboratively to ensure work is completed according to schedule and meets our high-quality standards.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with key business partners and IA consulting partners.
- Leverage available data and analytical tools during the planning and fieldwork phases of audit delivery.
- Proactively follow-up on agreed audit actions to ensure management delivers their commitments within the agreed timescales.
- Proactively seek out learning opportunities to enhance skills and competencies related to the role.
- 3-5 years professional experience, required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred; exceptional candidates in other majors will be considered, particularly those with relevant coursework or professional experience and strong analytical/quantitative skills.
- At least 2 years of experience in auditing, at least 2 years of experience in accounting, or at least 2 years of experience in financial analysis, or a combination
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills a must
- High integrity and dedication to maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or relevant certification, strongly preferred
- 2+ years of experience in investment management, financial services, professional services firm serving clients in financial services, or a combination, strongly preferred
- 2+ years of experience performing data analysis in support of internal auditing, strongly preferred
Additional Desired Attributes:
- Critical thinker who seeks to understand the business and its control environment
- Possess a relentless focus on quality and timeliness
- Ability to adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious; ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking
- Develop influential relationships based upon shared business and risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit's value proposition.
- Demonstrate ability and eagerness to embrace data, innovation, and technology as tools to support and advance the audit function; ability to think about and seek to leverage the power of data analytics and develop stronger technical expertise
- Demonstrated leader by example; passion for teamwork and investing in the betterment of the team; lead through change with candor and optimism
- Ability to create energy and an environment that fosters trust, collaboration, and belonging, making it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $260 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 437 investment vehicles as of March 31, 2021. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 1,800 professionals operating in 29 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.
At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business. As our Chief Executive Officer, Kewsong Lee, stated, "We seek to attract individuals from a broad set of backgrounds and experiences because we know that diverse teams ask better questions and inclusive teams find better answers. Our diverse and inclusive community makes us better partners and ultimately, helps us to build better."