The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Seeking a Lead Senior Application Security Engineer (Data Platform, SQL) in New York, NY.
• Lead design, development, implementation, and support of end-to-end data pipeline for a centralized data lake on cloud
• Build data catalog, data dictionary and make data searchable for our stakeholders and users
• Work with various Google Cloud Platform (GCP) technologies, Kafka, Airflow, Metadata Management tool, Data Quality (DQ) tool, Cloud-Native Microservice architecture, CI/CD, Dev/Ops, and much more
• Design and implement data security, access control (including fine-grained), and compliance solutions to safeguard our data
• Work with high volume (100s of TB), high velocity (real-time stream), high complexity (heterogeneous) data from hundreds of sources e.g. social media, clickstream, e-commerce, etc.
• Mentor and guide junior team members, if hired at a senior position
• Effectively communicate data governance initiatives and values to stakeholders
Skills & Requirements
• If you have done similar work as above for 4 years or more, have some of the skillsets from the below list, and feel passionate and excited doing it again, you have the right experience and skillsets
• Experienced in architecting and implementing modern data platform (data lake or data warehouse) with batch and streaming data ingestion and processing on GCP or AWS cloud
• Solid understanding of fundamental architecture and working principle of a relational database, NoSQL database, massively parallel processing (MPP) database, distributed processing framework (MapReduce/Spark, etc.), pub/sub messaging/streaming platform (e.g. Kafka, Google Pub/Sub, Kinesis)
• Experienced in SQL query, data manipulation language (DML), and data definition language (DDL) including hands-on experience in managing database tables and views
• Experienced in building Data App or Data Pipeline using Java/Python/Scala/Go programming language(s)
• Experienced and willing to lead and manage work for junior data engineers on the team
• Possess excellent work ethic, positive attitude to work and good verbal communication
• Can effectively document, present and pursue solution design and idea to stakeholders/teams
• Excellent work ethic, positive attitude to work, and good verbal communication
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.