MCA, your trusted advisor for wireless communications, data, and security, is seeking an experience Design Engineer in the Atlanta, GA area to help support our fast-growing Security division. Our professional services include a complete range of offerings allowing us to support customers in the planning, design, implementation, integration, and maintenance of state-of-the-art security systems.
MCA is building a team of people who share our values of service first, collaboration, trust, and engagement. We take our work and our customers seriously and believe that our best work can also be fun. There is no better time to jump into this fast-growing environment of the Security industry. When you join our team, you join the MCA family!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Leads / supports projects and drives continuous improvement efforts.
- Extremely resourceful, rarely needs assistance from others to deliver quality results.
- Valued team player and works in parallel with peers and cross-functionally.
- Coaches and Mentors others within design / engineering team.
- Acts as customer interface for the team.
- Able to manage assigned projects and meet customer expectations.
- Drives quality design and implementation.
- Solid communication and presentations skills.
- Serves as lead on smaller projects.
- Trains and Coaches other engineers
- Multifaceted Professional capable of Technical Engineering & Project Management
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM:
- Minimum 1 year, average of 3 years.
- 3+ years of hands-on technical experience preferred.
- Estimates and designs enterprise level security solutions with moderate complexity according to sales / project requirements.
- Identifies client requirements, recommends technical equipment / solutions, and develops detailed SOWs describing system functionality and project execution.
- Supports sales process with hands on demonstrations, product examples, and examples of completed portfolio systems.
- Supports submittal process for obtaining proper permits / approvals for booked projects to design firms and / or municipalities / agencies.
- Compiles and enters project estimates within CRM using current pricing structure.
- Proficiently produces designs / drawings using AutoCAD.
- Assists in the creation of asset sheets for all installed materials.
- Provide technical leadership and assistance all other departments in resolving team customer issues.
- AS / BS – Engineering
- OEM Certifications / Industry Credentials
- AutoDesk certified professional.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear, utilize personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to potentially hazardous materials, lift (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequently utilize near vision use for reading and computer use; be able to handle semi-frequent stressful conditions (cardiovascular), frequently work in outdoor weather conditions, frequently move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally ascend / descend a ladder, operate a motor vehicle, frequently position self to maintain computers or other equipment as needed.
Must have the ability to travel as needed. Some overnight travel may be expected.
WHO WE ARE
Mobile Communications America, Inc. (MCA) provides wireless communication, data and security solutions that enhance the safety, security, and efficiency of workplaces across the nation. Customers trust us to provide a portfolio of turn-key systems, products, and services — including two-way radio communications, vehicle uplift, security video and access control systems, BDA/DAS, remote monitoring, GPS tracking, SCADA, dispatch, mass notification, and point-to-point wireless networks. Our more than 65,000 customers span industries such as public safety, commercial, manufacturing, education, healthcare, utilities, and government. In addition to being the largest Motorola partner in the U.S., MCA has strategic partnerships with over 1,000 major manufacturers to offer an extensive portfolio of products and technologies.
Since 2013, MCA acquired more than forty companies for both geographic density and technology portfolio diversity. These companies bring a combined industry experience of more than 75 years to build out a central corporate team and three operating divisions – Motorola (MSS), Data and Security. With more than 1350 employees and more than 85 locations throughout 13 states, we are there when our customers need us most. Our geographic footprint includes service centers across Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia with the capability to service national customers across the United States. Our solution diversity and geographic footprint provide opportunities for employee growth and career development.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
When you join our team, you join the MCA family! We are better together through the MCA Way: living our core values of Service First, Growth, Teamwork, and Safety.We take our work and our customers seriously and believe that our best work can also be fun. A component of our business that embodies the MCA advantage is our “Service First DNA” culture. Service isn’t just a motto for MCA, it’s an integral part of who we are and goes beyond our customers to our employees, partners, shareholder, and communities.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel so classified.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. offers competitive compensation as well as comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay and much more.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace and is an Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that celebrates diversity. At MCA, we are “better together.”