Job ID: 300279
Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, a CRH company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated products and services enable us to build and manage site development projects from concept through construction. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
SCREED OPERATOR- KNOXVILLE,TN
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, HARRISON CONSTRUCTION has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Crew member essential to application of asphalt on highways/private roadways/parking lots/driveways operating screed controls.
- Operator on the asphalt paver making normal adjustments for obtaining proper depth, grade and finished cross section of asphalt material via screed extensions
- Must partner with other crewmembers to apply asphalt per plan specifications and perform tasks of other positions as instructed by crew foreman to insure daily schedules/estimates are met
- Properly follow all Company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager
- Attendance required according to Company Attendance Policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level
- Attitude/cooperation: always maintaining courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers and public.
- Must be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/or state work may be required
- Ability to follow Traffic Control instructions and practice safety standards per Company Safety Policy requirements Must adhere to PPE (personal protective equipment) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition as supplied by company
- May perform other related duties such as adding or removing screed extensions
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion
- May be required to use power and/or hand tools needed to complete jobs within specifications
- Physical ability to operate equipment under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours
- Requires riding to and from job sites. If operating company vehicle, employee must meet Driver Qualification Standard.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to withstand physical demands associated with heavy highway construction
- Must be able to adapt and work in extreme weather temperatures
- May be required to use the following tools: brooms, pick, mattock, axe, brush hook, hammer, saw, pneumatic hammer/drill, tamps(both manual and power driven), sample saw, concrete saw, sledge hammer, as well as, other tools needed to complete jobs within specifications
- The following motions will be required: stretching, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, walking, standing, reaching and squatting - these will occupy most of work day
- May require lifting from 25-100 lbs.
- Will be exposed to extremes of heat or cold weather.
- The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Ability to operate screed with attention to detail and emphasis on craftmanship/rideability
- Ability to operate Moba and Topcon electronic controls, a plus.
- High school education or GED preferred but not required.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Harrison Construction Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Apr 23, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Knoxville Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Manufacturing
This job has expired.