A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Scientist I within our Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) group in our Rockville, Maryland facility, your role is to drive and support assay development and/or commercial application of NGS in the biosafety testing space. You are responsible for the overall study design, interpretation, and reporting of study results. You are also responsible for the scientific integrity of technical work performed in the laboratory, and are required to ensure study conduct fulfills generally accepted professional/ industry standards. Requirements also include maintaining a thorough understanding of company testing services, technical principles and applications as they apply to your position.
Your primary responsibilities will be to provide support for the day to day operation of the facility and to contribute to the timely execution of NGS service offerings for our customers. You will liaise closely with laboratory management, bioinformatics and support staff to ensure internal and external expectations are met or exceeded. You will be responsible for performing study management responsibilities for custom and routine NGS testing in accordance with all SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP). You will be expected to lead by example and work collaboratively to advance the application of NGS in the field of biosafety testing.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: Study Management and scientific oversight for regulated testing (cGMP and GLP) and custom work; Maintain complete and comprehensive records for study integrity; Make detailed observations, documents results and performs data analysis; Perform management and peer review of assay batch/lab records to ensure Right First Time (RFT); management of deviations/events which may occur laboratory activities, liaise with Project Management for project coordination and communication of client timelines; Perform training of laboratory personnel as needed/assigned; data analysis, interpretation and qualification of NGS derived data.
Who You Are
- PhD in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with 2+ years of equivalent laboratory experience
- Master's degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with 4+ years of equivalent laboratory experience
- Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with 6+ years of equivalent laboratory experience
What we offer:
- Act as the lead and subject matter expert (SME) for specific defined area(s) of the business
- Apply laboratory techniques and skills to design and/or execute experiments that address a variety of specific problems (internally or externally driven)
- Independently apply basic scientific principles in the design of experiments and the development of assays
- Ensures testing is performed in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP) for custom/non-routine and new services.
- For GLP studies, acts as Study Director with overall scientific responsibility for the study design, interpretation, and reporting of study results
- Maintain complete and comprehensive records for assay development, application, and study integrity
- Make detailed observations, document results and perform data analysis and interpretation of data
- Utilize applicable computer programs during testing and routine tasks (i.e. Word, Excel, Oracle, LIMS, BRIQS)
- Utilize problem solving/trouble shooting skills
- Responsible for resolving deviations/completing event records
- Liaise with Quality Assurance and appropriate cross-functional departmental areas to close the events and corrective actions identified during GxP laboratory testing
- Maintain a working knowledge of lab procedures and assays
- Responsible for creating/revising SOPs, laboratory records and other related documentation as required
- Prepare/review protocols and final reports
- Write technical reports for internal use and collaborates on papers for external use
- Perform training of laboratory personnel as needed/assigned
- Develop ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, protocols, processes and equipment
- Contribute/author scientific publications and presents at conferences/ seminars.
- Comply with company health and safety regulations and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide day to day technical support to the laboratory.
- Justify business needs and drive implementation of new services.
- Coach/train others on developing and enhancing day to day laboratory techniques
- Provide technical advice and support for internal and external interactions such as client and regulatory audits/inspections, meetings, teleconferences
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement within Biologics; act as champion on initiatives and/or projects to drive improvement in quality and / or client service
- Lead projects that cross multiple disciplines
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 214398
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.