The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is seeking a Performance Event Manager
The University of Iowa College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) is seeking a Scheduling and Facilities Manager for the Voxman Music Building in the School of Music. This position will develop and maintain event, safety, and security protocols and manage facility, furnishings, and equipment including theatrical, sound, acoustical, and lighting systems. In addition, they will be responsible for overseeing the scheduling of performance venues and classrooms within the School of Music and providing supervision of instrument technicians, scheduling staff, student work crews, and house management personnel.
- Provide comprehensive event planning and scheduling services, determine logistical needs and allocate support resources.
- Ensure all event management activities comply with applicable regulations, laws, departmental policies, and institutional standards.
- Review event plans and event management processes; predicts and resolves and problems during an event.
- Oversee event services including security, catering, displays, and ensure a smooth run of events.
- Coordinate reporting and scheduling of building maintenance and repair projects and supervise the daily operation and maintenance of facilities. Knowledge of and ability to ensure safe practices in daily operations and effective maintenance and repair services for physical premises.
- Liaise with custodial supervisor and staff to ensure appropriate cleaning and maintenance.
- Liaise with UI Environmental Health and Safety and Fire Safety to ensure compliance with policy.
- Determine safety protocols based on knowledge of regulatory guidelines.
- Interpret and enforce facility use policy.
- Determine availability and schedule internal usage and rentals of facilities.
- Maintain records for billing purposes.
- Maintain data on classroom and venue usage.
- Hire and supervise students and P&S staff by providing direction, assignments, feedback, coaching and counseling to assure outcomes are achieved.
- Evaluate established scheduling policies and processes and updated them.
- Develop clear, thorough schedules that deal with a variety of situations.
- Interact with stakeholders to achieve mutual commitment to deadlines.
- Work with Performing Arts administrator to create appropriate budgets.
For a full job description or questions about this position, please send an email to email@example.comEducation Required:
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Required Qualifications:
- MS Office Suite
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Position and Application details:
- Performing arts or events management experience
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
For additional job details and to apply please visit https://jobs.uiowa.edu/ and access requisition # 23001723
In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload the following documents and mark them as a "Relevant File" to the submission.
- Cover Letter
- References upon Request
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended. Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and export control screening. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process. For additional questions, please contact:
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), disability, genetic information, status as a U.S. veteran, service in the U.S. military, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preferences.
- Classification Title: Perform Event Mgmt Manager
- Appointment Type: Professional and Scientific
- Schedule: Full-time
- Work Modality Options: On Campus
This job has expired.
- Organization: College of Liberal Arts
- Contact Name: Melia Piper
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org