There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM's global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
In this SAP role you will be responsible for developing software applications using sound, repeatable, industry standard methodologies. You will work hands-on with the business partners and development teams. The responsibilities include, but not limited to, writing detailed requirements and system specifications, testing, configuration and problem solving. Additionally, you will enhance existing software and/or develop new software solutions to address specific needs or solve business problems. You will contribute to all development activities in accordance with appropriate methodologies and application of a repeatable, systematic and quantifiable approach to the development process.
SAP suite at General Motors is the underlying technology supporting the business processes in Finance, Procurement, Logistics, Pre-Production and Shop-floor Operations, Billing, Business Intelligence and it is integrated with a myriad of other applications from areas like Sales and Marketing, After Sales, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Plant Maintenance, Product Development.
Additional Job DescriptionMinimum Qualifications:
- Responsible for the functional (business) requirements gathering and validation, functional design and documentation of SAP solution components, configuration and validation (testing) of the SAP Solution for appropriate applications/modules with a focus on MM and PP
- Work as part of a regional or global project team and assist the lead functional analysts in successfully delivering solutions following General Motors proprietary IT Solution delivery methodology
- Collaborate with other functional analysts in US and Ireland on the design, development, testing, deployment, and user training of SAP solutions for applications.
- Lead and support the SAP functional needs for SAP upgrade and Archival projects, including business and functional processes gap analysis (including customization), documentation and configuration and adhering to requirements of different SDLC methodologies available at GM (including Agile).
- Ensure the solution has comprehensive testing approach and validation of end-to-end processes, guiding and working collaboratively with Quality Assurance teams
- Master SAP configuration / customization tools and techniques
- Support the introduction of new solutions to business customers as well as transitioning stable solutions to the sustain operations organization.
- Ability to work on larger scale global and regional implementations as well as smaller, faster innovation challenges
- Develop full understanding of the functional aspects of the supported SAP applications including standard processes, bolt-on and customized solutions (including interfaces) that are integrated with the SAP applications
- Provide Level-3 support, leading the troubleshooting of issues in production for the areas of functional expertise, working closely and coordinating investigation of problems with ABAP developers, Basis Administrators, Infrastructure and Operations teams.
- Functions as technical lead for large scaled recurring/non-recurring initiatives as required
- Leads change management activities related to the SAP/ integration and software migration needs
- Work with leading technologies from SAP and the latest integration and support packages,
- Comply with GM standards and industry standard methodology
- Lead integration of SAP software solutions within company environments and external landscapes
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning and personal development, including on-going training and development in SAP and the latest delivery techniques
- Proactively seeking opportunities related to SAP solution portfolio that might benefit your business partners,
- Providing support & consultancy to users on optimization of SAP system use and best practices to maximize value from existing IT solutions (SAP systems and other application integrated with it)
- SAP certification in SAP MM or PP
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant SAP IT Project delivery and/or Business Analysis experience (10 years of experience is preferred)
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience (proven participation) on ECC 6.0 SAP upgrade and Implementation projects (from requirement gathering through support and transition to sustain operations)
- Proven experience on SAP configuration in MM or PP
- Significant experience on Manufacturing domain, with expertise in the end to end MM or PP business processes
- Business facing experience (preferably in a manufacturing industry) - running the requirement gathering workshops, solution design presentations, conducting user training,
- Experience of delivering solutions in a regulated environment with internal and external standards (SOX, Internal controls, various country related legal requirements),
- Hands on experience with MM or PP (incl. configuration, designing and testing non-standard functionalities: RICEFW = Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, Forms, Workflows),
- Practical experience with project delivery methodology (ASAP, SAFe, Prince 2 or other relevant for SAP projects)
- Experience with defining and testing SAP security roles/authorizations
- Practical experience with at least one middleware for interface handling (SAP PI, Sterling Commerce, Connect Direct),
- Excellent communication skills (English - written and spoken),
- Structured and analytical mind,
- Ability to coordinate tasks and priorities across multiple projects,
- Team player - ability to work with others to achieve common objectives.
- Experience with EDI transaction sets ANSI x12 and EDIFACT and the related communication protocols
- Understanding of security, efficient code reuse, and software design
- Knowledge of in memory (HANA) databases
- Experience with CI/CD processes and tools (including DevOps)
- Experience with SAP upgrades
- Experience with SAP Automotive solution - VMS (Vehicle Management System),
- Experience with Open Text products (document management, archiving),
- IT/SAP consulting background,
- Certified BA (e.g. BCS-ISEB certification),
- Certification on one project management/IT solution delivery methodology (AGILE, Scrum, ASAP, Prince 2).
- Minimum a Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology, Business Computing or related field
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.