Expected Travel: Up to 25%
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Interventional - The Interventional business unit at Teleflex offers innovative medical devices that are used to diagnose and treat coronary and peripheral vascular diseases. We place a strategic emphasis on complex coronary and peripheral interventions, vascular access, bone access, specialty biologic treatments and cardiac assist. Our current Interventional products include a broad range of clinically relevant solutions, such as our GuideLiner® and Turnpike® Catheters, AC3 Optimus™ Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump and OnControl® Powered Bone Access System. With a strong R&D footprint and pipeline, our fast-growing Interventional business unit is poised to continue the development of new technologies to serve critically ill patients for years to come. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
The Sales Representative is responsible for the promotion and sales of Teleflex interventional products in such a manner as to increase sales in their given territory. The position is responsible for the growth of overall product utilization within their accounts; including, but not limited to, selling the designated products to new and existing customers, generating new business, presenting and demonstrating our products, being able to provide a level of customer education/customer service to create total customer satisfaction. Acts as a highly competent resource to those involved in interventional cardiology and radiology procedures and facilitates improved patient care while increasing value to medical professional as well as to Teleflex Incorporated.
Education / Experience Requirements
Implement sales plan and achieve sales goals and objectives set for the geographic territory. Maintain existing customers and prospect and gain new business.
Facilitate sales growth by conducing physicians, nurses, and technologist training and account in-servicing of dialysis access products.
Provide product technical support to customers in an Interventional suite environment.
Participate in troubleshooting support programs.
Educate customers on products, procedures, and industry trends through use of city wide education programs and local hospital programs.
Develop and maintain an in-depth profile of each account to include customer preferences, competitive products and field intelligence, market activity, important contact/decision makers, customer feedback, and attendees in-serviced. Planning effectively to maximize time in the field.
Conduct strategic territory management and analysis.
Develop key opinion leaders.
Account for all territory expenses and materials.
Review current literature for new developments within the healthcare field and sales field including competitive information.
Assist with the coordination of national convention to ensure proper setup, booth coverage, and breakdown of exhibit, as requested.
Develop multi-level relationships within key accounts.
Attend Local, Regional, and/or National Scientific Tradeshows and professional meetings to promote products and in-service customers.
Maintain knowledge of company products and competitive offerings utilizing the technology tools that are available.
Perform other duties requested by management.
Adhere to and ensure the compliance of Teleflex's Code of Ethics, all Company policies, rules, procedures and housekeeping standards.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
- Bachelors degree or RT Certificate and 7 years of direct sales experience in a cath lab setting . MBA a plus.
- 1-3 years experience working in medical device sales, with proven track records.
- Self directed, able to work independently and ability to handle multiple projects concurrently & function in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills and effective presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong communicative, problem solving, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Proficiency with computer technology and Microsoft Office tools, including Iphone and Ipad platforms.
• 3 -5 years medical experience preferably working in a interventional cardiology or radiology setting.
• Strong clinical skills are a plus.
• Ability to deliver complex and technical subject matter to clinicians in a hospital or clinical setting.
• Ability to handle difficult conversations/situations.
• Possess excellent communication, customer service, and presentation skills.
• Ability to travel 50% of time, many times with short notice.
• Carry detail bag weighing up to 20 lbs.
• Lift equipment weighing up to 30 lbs.
• Be standing or walking in numerous hospitals or at meetings for 6 - 10 hours per day, up to five (5) days per week.
• Interact with others through effective, verbal and written communication.
• Strong interpersonal skills while discussing products and procedures with customers.
• Ability to communicate and/or interact with different specialties within a hospital.
• Meets all vendor credentialing requirements
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 50 %
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.