Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
The position is responsible for administering and managing the Safety and Health Management System, and the corresponding regulations that relate to the safety of our work, for an assigned location in pursuit of continuous safety improvement.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Partner with Company team members, owner representatives, clinics, medical/testing facilities to ensure effective working relationships.
- Administer and manage compliance with the Company's Safety and Health Management System and Group incident prevention efforts to ensure company safety goals are met.
- Advise changes and/or adjust work procedures as required to ensure the safety of affected employees and/or the general public.
- Perform inspections, observations and audits to reduce incidents and ensure health and the well-being of our employees.
- Conduct and monitor training, regulatory compliance and strategic initiatives in order to ensure knowledge and awareness of Safety and Health Management Systems.
- Initiate, coordinate and conduct meetings and training programs to ensure the effective communication of company expectation and safety standards.
- Participate in regulatory agency inspections and investigations to ensure compliance and protecting Company interests.
- Assist in the development and review of job hazard analysis to ensure successful completion of work through identification of hazards and control measures.
- Investigate and communicate near misses, incidents and claims to make certain that Company interests are preserved.
- Manage periodic checks to ensure plans, corrective actions and deficiencies are corrected and documented in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Occupational Health or related field, preferred or,
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum 3 years of experience in construction or applicable industry with safety related responsibilities required.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Health and Safety Technician (CHST) or Certified Mine and Safety Professional (CMSP) certification preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal safety and health regulations
- Demonstrate good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, follow through and time management skills
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond swiftly
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
- Motivated self-starter
- Microsoft Office Suite
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and must have the ability to work at height, in enclosed or confined spaces and climb stairs and ladders in a construction/plant environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds from floor to waist.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Subject to outside working conditions.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Valid state issued driver's license
- Travel may be required
- Bi-lingual preferred
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.